Chapter 5

After Ethan left the room, you sat on the bed, thinking.

That was sweet of Ethan to offer to help you. You thought of how he blushed when he messed up.. so cute..
Wait. Cute? What were you thinking?
Do you...

No. You just met him. You can't possibly like him... Right?

Your thoughts were interrupted by a loud shout.

"(Y/N)! ARE YOU COMING?! WE'RE GONNA PLAY NOW!" Shouted Mark.

"COMING!" You shouted back.
You swiftly ran downstairs.

You found everyone in the living room. You saw Mark setting up the game, his back turned.
He couldn't see you, so you seized the opportunity. You quietly walked up behind him, and Shouted really loud. That scared the crap out of Mark.

"AHHH!" He screamed.

Everyone started laughing.
Mark made a pouty face and crossed his arms.

"Not funny."

Still laughing, Ethan reached out his hand to give you a high five.
You high fived him, then looked at Mark, who had a smug look on his face, and he said:

"You won't be laughing when I demolish you at mario kart!"

"Oh yeah? You're on!"

Amy handed all of you a controller, and everyone picked their character. Mark was Waluigi, Ethan was Link, and Amy was Roslina. You chose toad.

"Which map should we play?" You ask.

"Anything but baby park.. That place is a nightmare." Ethan added.

You giggled.
Mark had a look of revenge on his face, and selected baby park.

"Noooo.. Mark.." Ethan pouted.

"That's what you get for laughing at me!" Mark said.

Ethan just smiled a bit and shrugged, "That WAS hilarious though"

The race was about to start.
3.. 2.. 1.. GO!

Go you did. You went, and you went fast. By the third lap, you were in third place. Mark was in first, but you were determined.

"I'm coming for you Mark!"

He merely laughed.
"What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of me WINNING!"

Lap 4.. 5.. You were still third, and Amy was gaining on you. Just then, Mark slipped on a banana, which knocked him down to 2nd.

"NOOOO!!! STUPID BANANA!!" Mark yelled.

Poor Ethan was in 5th. He didn't seem to mind too much though. Guess he just accepted the fact that he was losing.
You laughed at the thought.

"What's so funny?" Mark asked.

"Nothing.."

Lap 6.. Mark got back into 1st. You followed him closely, and you got bumped up to 2nd.

Amy noticed that.
"Mark, She's catching up to you."

He pretended that he didn't hear her, and kept his focus on the game.

Lap 7.. The final lap. Ethan inched his way up to 3rd, with Amy following close behind in 4th. You were really determined to beat Mark. You got closer and closer to him.

Then Ethan passed you. What?! How!
Ethan then said, "Hey Mark! I got a present for you!" And then he threw a shell at him.

"ETHAN NOOO!" Mark yelled, but it was too late. He got hit by it. The three of you passed him. Ethan was in first, with you close on his tail. The finish line was close in veiw.

Ethan was about to win, but Right before he crossed the finish line, Chica came and jumped up on him. He got distracted for a split second, and you took that second to pass him, Finishing in 1st.

You stood up, in celebration. And went over to Mark.

"HA! TAKE THAT!" You said.
Ethan looked at you and smiled. You smiled back.

Mark tried to look upset, but you could see it in his eyes that he was secretly proud of you for beating him.

Mark, of course, being Mark, would never admit that.

"I'll get you." He said, suppressing a smile.

"Whatever." You laughed.