Chapter 25

"Darkiplier is Real."

The words echoed in your head. Mark has got to be joking, right? He can't be serious. But his expression looked so. . real.

Mark seemed to sense your doubt.

"(Y/n), I know this is hard to believe, But you have to trust me."

You looked at him. "Why?"

Mark sighed.

"Its best if I just start from the beginning." He says. "One time when I was recording, the Dark in me came out. I didn't know it happened until after I had uploaded the video. People started to go crazy about the new "Ego", and they wanted more Egos. I created the other ones to cover up the fact that Dark was real. Everyone just assumed it was an act. Jack thought it was cool so he made his own creepy ego, Anti, but his is just an act. This is real. Dark seemed to be leaving me alone for a while up until recently."

You sit there listening, in a mix of disbelief and shock. Mark continues.

"Every time I felt Dark coming, I would go away from everyone. Make an excuse about going to the bathroom or something. I didn't want anyone to see me as Dark, and I didn't want Dark-" Mark pauses. "..Me hurting anyone."

You can't find words to say. You don't know how to react. You just stared blankly at the ground.

"(Y/n), You're the first person I've told about this. Please.. don't tell anyone else." Mark says quietly.

"I won't."

"Good. Nobody else needs to know." Said a voice that sounded like Mark, only deeper.

You looked up at Mark's face, expecting to find the gentle look of your brother Mark looking back at you, only to find cold, black eyes that seemed to be staring right into the very depths of your soul.

Your insides filled with fear as you stared at the man, wanting to look away, but you couldn't.

"D-Dark.." You whimpered.

He smiled a sinister smile.
"Yes. It's me. Great to finally meet you in person, (Y/n)."

You screamed.

Dark cringed at the loud noise. He spoke again, making you tremble in fear.

"Now, now. I'm not going to hurt you. You are my sister, after all."

"I'M NOT YOUR SISTER! I'M MARK'S SISTER!" You yelled, on the verge of tears.

"But, you see, I am Mark. And Mark is me." Dark echoed.

"NO! G-GO AWAY!"

Dark laughed. "Or what? Child, you have no power over me. There is nothing you can do."

Anger welled up inside you. It almost replaced the fear. Almost. You stood there, defenseless. You wanted to get rid of Dark. You wanted your brother back. A tear rolled down your cheek.

"Pathetic." Dark scoffed. He walked past you, To the door.

"Where are you going?" You ask.

"I've got some lives to ruin. This will be fun." He says, like it's no big deal.

"You said you wouldn't hurt anyone!" You yelled. Your voice was hoarse.

Dark smirked. "No, I said I wouldn't hurt you." He then walked out, leaving you alone in the room with your thoughts.

You sank to your knees, shaking. Dark is real. And he is going to hurt people. Probably your friends, for fun. You had to do something. But what? Dark was right. There was nothing you could do.

No. You couldn't think like that. You needed to get help. You pulled out your phone and started ringing Jack.

"Hello?" A cheerful voice on the other end said.

"Hi."

"Hey (Y/n)!" Jack remarks.

"Jack." You stutter.

"Is.. everything okay?" Jack asks, his voice filled with concern.

"I.." You stop. Mark didn't want anyone else to know. You told him you wouldn't tell anyone. But everyone was in danger. Should you tell Jack?

"Hello?" Jack says, worriedly. "Are you still there? Are you okay (Y/n)?"

You take a deep breath. "No."

"What's wrong?" He asks you.

You explain everything to him. When you're done, there is a long silence.

"I know this is hard to believe but you have to trust me. Please." You plead.
That's what Mark said.. you think.

Still silence. "Jack?" You say.

You sigh. He must not believe you. He probably thinks you're crazy now. You hung up, sadly and started crying. You pulled your knees intoo your chest and buried your face in your knees. You cried for a while, You lost track of time.

You heard someone downstairs open the front door and run in. You should be scared but you were so emotionally drained that you didn't even care.

You didn't care until you heard a voice shouting your name.

"(Y/N)?! WHERE ARE YOU?" Shouted the familiar voice.

"Jack..?" You whispered weakly.

Jack ran upstairs looking for you, and found you sitting on the floor in Mark's office, with red puffy eyes and a tear stained face.

"(Y/n).." Jack said as he ran over to you.

"How- How did you get here?" You sniffle.

"I was on my way to surprise you guys and. . It doesn't matter. What matters is that we find Dark and stop him before he hurts anyone."

"You.. Believe me?"

"Yes, and I got here as fast as I could. Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" He asks.

"No. I'm fine." You rub your eyes and wipe away the wetness on your face.

Jack very suddenly pulls you into a hug.

"It's going to be okay." He says softly.

"Thank you Jack."

Jack lets go and looks at you.

"Let's go save our friends."

A/n So i just realized that it's been a long time since last time I updated, and I apologize for that. I've been busy with School stuff, but I'm out for the summer now (Yay!) Which hopefully means more chapters and sooner.

See ya in the next one!