Chapter 31

It was a cool night, and you lay in bed, snuggled up to the shirt that mom gave you a few days ago. You had your eyes closed, thinking about when you were little. You breathed in the scent of the shirt, thinking if your Dad.

Mom had left to go back to Cincinnati earlier today. She had dropped off all your paraphernalia that you had left back at her house, leaving nothing behind in Ohio except for a couple old blankets and a few clothes that you had outgrown.

You had everything you needed for your new life in LA. Mark was going to let you stay with him until you found an apartment. But "You couldn't stay too long otherwise he would start charging you." Mark had joked. You reassured him that you were going to be looking at an apartment soon, And you were. Tommorow actually.

There was still one problem that you hadn't thought about. A job. You needed to have some sort of way to earn money. You decided that you were going to worry about that later. For now, You were going to get some sleep.

You woke up that morning full of energy, which was unusual for you. It usually took you a while to actually wake up.

It must be the excitement, you thought.
Whatever the cause, you got up and got dressed, then headed to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

Mark was in the kitchen, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"I'll take some too." You say.

Mark turns around. He takes a sip from his Markiplier mug. You notice he's wearing Markiplier socks, and Markiplier pajama pants as well.

"Wow." You say.

"What?" He gives you a goofy grin.

You wanted to say you were surprised, but honestly, you weren't. This is Mark you're talking about.

"You're ridiculous." You say, as you pour the rest of the coffee into your mug.

Mark smiles. "You're energetic this morning. What happened to pajamas bed-head groggy (Y/n)?"

"I don't know, I guess i'm just excited about looking at the apartment today." You say.

"Oh, nice." Mark responds.

You and Mark stand there, sipping on your coffee.

Mark frowns.

"What?" You ask him.

"So.. What are you doing when you move out?" Mark stammers.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, money wise. Like a job. Yeah, A job."

You pause. "Well, I kind of still haven't figured that out." You say quietly.

"Oh. Okay." Mark says.

You finish drinking your coffee, and put your mug in the sink. You start heading towards the door, and then you stop.

"Hey, can I take your car?" You ask Mark.

He throws you the keys, and you catch them. "Don't crash it, or you're dead." He gives you a mock glare.

You laugh. "See you later."

You drove to the apartment, which was only about ten minutes away from Mark's place.

You spend a good thirty minutes looking at the place, though there isn't that much to look at. It's small, but it's  cozy. It's a reasonable price too.

This is a no brainer for you. You call the number to tell them that you're interested in renting the apartment.

They responded cheerfully. Within a couple hours, You had gotten all the paperwork signed, and now you officially had an apartment for yourself.