<Chapter 0.1>

||Recap||
In February, Kailela had broken up with LaMelo because he kept going back to Ashley and she was fed up with it. It is now the middle of August and both teens are now sophomores in high school. If you didn't know, On the Low takes place when they were freshmen.
___________________________
•Kailela•
First Day of Sophomore year. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really scared to be honest. During the summer I made new friends that I didn't expect too.

My younger brother Kory was now a freshman, and he was a hoe all throughout middle school.

Mama- Have a good first day you three.

Kadence- No promises.

Mama- I'm serious. I don't want anybody suspended or anything.

All three of us got out the car, in front of the school. Last week we'd gotten our schedule and lockers. Mine was where it was last year cause I'm cool like that.

Kory- Well, I see some of my friends. This is time for me to go.

Kailela- See you later loser.

Kadence- Have fun.

Flipping me off, he walked towards his friends as Nique started coming near us .

Domonique- Hey Hoes.

Kailela- Fucker.

Kadence- Heeeyyy.

Domonique- How was you guys's summer?

She said while adjusting the straps on her Nike backpack and walking.

Kadence- It was alright. We were in Puerto Rico for a while to visit our grandparents.

Domonique- That's better than what I was doing. I had summer school all summer.

Kailela- That's what yo dumbass get.

We'd gotten near the cafeteria, where I know for a fact people would be at. The cafeteria is where everybody and they mama be at.

Kadence- I can't wait to see Deli fine self. I missed him.

Kailela- Fuck all you taken hoes.

Nique- Don't get mad because your ass is still single.

Kadence- Yeah, stupid.

Kailela- First off. I don't need no man. I'm an independent midget.

Nique- What happened to Metri?

Kailela- I don't know. He just stop talking to me.

We'd gotten to Deli and Cy's table and their friends were there too. Our seats across from them were saved. Nique sat next to Cy, I sat opposite to Cy, across from Metri, Deli and Kadie.

Deli- My babyyy's back.

Cyrus- Nique ugly ass.

Nique- Uh Boy. Don't do me.

Cyrus- I'm kidding. You know I love you girl.

They started having their own conversation and I looked Metri up and down with that "Nigga" face.

Metri- What?

Kailela- I have every right to look at you like that. Why'd you stop texting me?

He did a little laugh that was sexy and looked away, licking his lips.

Metri- Calm down. You know I like yo ass. I was just busy ma.

Kailela- Mhm.

Metri- You know you mine. Ion know why you trippin babygirl.

Kailela- I don't recall you ever asking me out properly.

Metri- I'm working on it ma. Just know you mine and nobody else's. Ight?

Kailela- Mhm.

I could tell I was blushing a little bit and I tried to hold back a smile.

Jason- Awww. Lela I ain't never seen you smile damn near that hard in hella long.

Kailela- Shut up Jason.
.........................
It was now third period, which was homeroom. We were stuck in this class with the same people all until we graduate. Sadly, I had Melo, Quan, and O in this class. But I also had Cy, Deli, and Jason. That's how I met them.

Since Metri was in my second period, he walked me to homeroom. His was across the hall. We were just talking.

Metri- I bet Mr G is gonna put us next to each other.

Kailela- Well, We did sit next to each other today. That's probably gonna be our new seats.

We'd come near my class. I stopped by the door and so did he. Since he was 6'3 and I was 5'0, it looked kinda cute when we hugged. He'd kissed my forehead and I was smiling like a dummy,

Lucas- Ight Braceface. Get to class.

Kailela- Shut up.

I said, While walking into class. From the corner of my eye, I saw Melo, Quan, and O talking. But I didn't really care. Cy, Deli, and Jason were on my mind, but not as much as Metri was. It was noticeable too.

Jason- Damn bestfriend. Who got you smiling like that?

Cyrus- You know it's Metri.

They said as I was sitting at the table we sat at last year.

Kailela- Ya Know, I could just be on some type of hardcore drug. Xanz are no joke.

Deli- What the fuck?

Jason- Uhh Yeah. We need a replacement as this table.

A Mexican looking girl that I'd never seen before walked in the room. She was pretty I won't give her that. Melo smiled when she came and so did she.

Quan- Awh shit. Get out Hayley. I don't need this couple in here.

Melo- Don't get mad cause yo girl not in this class.

So that was his new girlfriend? I guess it was. She took the seat next to Melo.

Deli- She needs to chill on the makeup. Walking around looking like a clown.

Cy choked on his water and I smirked. That's lowkey funny. Jason being the retard he is just laughed with no hesitation.

Kailela- It's the first day and you already roasting Deli. Shame.

Cy- He can't help it. It's his nature.

Deli- It's who I am girl. You should know this by now.