<Chapter .18>

[Time Skip 1]

•Kailela•
I honestly didn't think this new school would be good for me. But I really like it out here. I got a fresh start. No more bitches trying to fight me over niggas.

I've made tons of friends. Me, Reef, and Qir are like the three musketeers. We hang out with this big ass group. My dad got with this girl with two kids and they're my age. Kadence looks like she's doing fine without me.

She did the shadiest shit ever. Like a month after I left, she got with Melo. Now they're together or some shit. Kory's not talking to her.

Right now, We were in our homeroom class, waiting for the lunch bell to ring. All of our friends were in here. Zaijon and I were matching. Both of us had Thrasher shirts, (mine was a crop top), Black pants/leggings for me, and the Thrasher vans.

Him and I weren't together but it looked like it.

Shaqir- Awwwhhh. Look at you two. I remember when y'all hated each other.

Kailela- Shut up.

When Zaijon and I first met we was always arguing about shit. But now look at us.

•Shaqir•
Wassup?? It's ya favorite O'Neal. To be honest, Zaijon and Kailela would be cute as hell. Speaking of her, I had taken her phone. Once the bell rung, I started a live on her page.

Hella people joined. All her old friends from Cali were on.

Shaqir- Wassup with my nigga Melo?

He'd commented something, and my girlfriend Adriana had come up to me.

Adriana- Who's live are you on?

Shaqir- Lela's.

I put the camera on her, and her shy ass covered her face. Hella people were asking where Kailela was.

Shaqir- Kailela obviously not here y'all. But y'all gone see her in a minute.

We were walking to the quad where we all hung out. Kailela was sitting on the planter, and Zaijon was standing by King, talking to Reef and Darrius. Kory said that I was ugly and said to put the camera on Lela.

Shaqir- Y'all, Okay. I'm not even near Lela yet. So shut the hell up.

Once I got closer, I flipped the camera on her. Kadence kept commenting and I was lowkey ignoring her. What she did to her sister was shady and fake.

Kailela- Are you recording me?

Shaqir- No. I'm on live.

She looked adorable and just so innocent.

Kailela- Oh.

Hella people were commenting the heart eyes emoji, even Melo. Just wait until they see what her and Zaijon got.
Speaking of him, She called him over and he came over with his nachos.

Zaijon- What?

Shareef- Damn. I need somebody to look at me the way Zaijon looks at at Kailela.

Octavious- Maaann.

Zaijon- Both of y'all can shut up.

She looked up at him, he was hella tall for no gah damn reason.

Shaqir- Lela. Lemme see that height difference.

Flipping me off, she struggled to get off the planter. How the hell did she get up there in the first place.

Zaijon- Do you need help?

Kailela- Nooo. I got it.

Eventually she made it down. The height difference was funny as fuck. He was like 6'4 and she was 5'0.

Jade- Zaijon you so damn tall.

Shareef- Giraffeeee.

Kailela- Y'all leave him alone.

By this time, she was standing up on the planter and it took everything in me not to laugh.

•Kailela•
I was standing on the planter. He was so focused on those nachos. While he wasn't paying attention, I grabbed one.

Zaijon- You ain't slick. Give me back my damn nacho.

Kailela- Hmm. Nope.

Before I could eat it, he did. My mouth was wide open because I was shook. Then I got mad. I crossed my arms and turned away from him. He noticed I was mad too.

Zaijon- Aye. Wait.

Kailela- No. Don't talk to me. I'll find another nigga that gives me food.

He kissed his teeth and looked at me.

Zaijon- Stop playing with me.

Kailela- Ima go to Steven.

Zaijon- You won't.

Kailela- Bet.

I hopped down from the planter, and started walking over to Steven and his friends. He looked at me and smirked.

Steven- Wassup?

Kailela- You got any food?

Steven- Yeah. What you want? I got donuts, chips, and candy.

Kailela- Ooh. Donuts.

This nigga took out a little box of donuts and gave me the whole thing. Before leaving, I hugged him. Zaijon looked hella mad when I walked back.

Shaqir- This girl finessed Steven for his donuts. Wooowww.