High School Reunion

A small woman with purple hair, a long black t-shirt and dark blue denim shorts, white sneakers, walked cautiously down an alley at a quick pace, she kept looking over her shoulder, her breathing rapid and her cheeks red, as though she had been ru...

A small woman with purple hair, a long black t-shirt and dark blue denim shorts, white sneakers, walked cautiously down an alley at a quick pace, she kept looking over her shoulder, her breathing rapid and her cheeks red, as though she had been running. Loud footsteps and the sound of multiple male voices started to come from around the corner, only meters away from the girl. "Fuck" she mumbled under her breath as she looked around frantically for a place to hide. 

"She ran through here!"

"Don't these assholes give up? Damn..." the purple haired girl spotted a ladder half way up one of the walls that lead to a fire escape from an apartment, she ran and jumped up to grab onto it and started to climb. Before she was able to climb up, she felt a hand around her ankle and was soon pulled down violently onto the ground. The fall wasn't that high but enough to really hurt, if she had hit her head she would of cracked it open but luckily she didn't. As she lay on her back in this dark alley, three hooded men in masks stood over her. The masks were white and had a different facial expression on each one, they looked like theatrical masks people wear in drama school. One mask expressed happiness, one sadness and the third was anger. Anger reached into the pocket of his black hooded jacket and pulled out a knife, the purple haired girl's eyes widened in fear, she held her hand out as the masked man suddenly lunged the blade down towards her chest. 

"No, please don't!"

"Excuse me" Tiffany shouted over the bar of the excessively loud nightclub, "have you seen Turtles?". A tall barman in a white tank top and blue jeans put down the glass he was cleaning to attend to Tiffany, "Turtles did you say?". "Yes" she responded. The barman took a quick glance around the club, "aww have you lost your pets? They've probably been trampled to death if they ran into this place darling but I'll tell the staff to keep an eye out for you". The dark haired woman shook her head before trying to explain that she was in fact looking for a person called Turtles but the barman had already gone to talk to one of the other staff members next to him. "So I just asked my friend and he says he hasn't seen your turtles but he knows a guy that sells stingray for cheap prices, if you're interested?". Namjoon smirked to himself as he leaned up against the bar, hearing the exchange between his friend and the barman. Tiffany sighed, "I'll think about it...thanks". 

"Optimistic, Tiff" Namjoon said in a smug tone. Tiffany slapped his arm, "shut up, she's hardly likely to tell people in here that she's called Lisa is she?" The man puffed his cheeks out, "even if the barman knew who you were talking about, he wouldn't tell you where she is. The staff know their customers are all law breakers, you can't just go around asking for people, you'll get us kicked out. We'll come back tomorrow night, she's not here". "Yeah you're right, we should go. I don't like leaving Jen alone in the car anyway" she replied as the two friends made their way out of the nightclub. 

Tiffany and Namjoon entered the black Mercedes as Jennie sat anxiously in the backseat, looking at her own hands, scared to face Lisa if the Thai was with them. "She wasn't here, we'll try again tomorrow night" the silver haired lawyer said as he fastened his seatbelt and started the car. Jennie couldn't deny that she felt her heart sink a little,  she wasn't sure if Lisa was even safe right now and deep down, the older girl did still really want to see her ex cellmate. "Oh...ok then. Let's just go home, I guess" she mumbled despondently, earning a sympathetic back rub from her best friend Tiffany. Namjoon looked back at Jennie through the rear view mirror, "we'll find her Jen, she's kept herself alive and even found the time to go partying in nightclubs, she's obviously very capable and can take of herself. Try not to worry, ok?". Jennie nodded slowly, still looking at her hands.