The Flower of Carnage

Jimin sheepishly entered the apartment, he was wearing an off-white long sleeved white sweater and torn blue jeans, his hair was blond and dishevelled, his eyes had bags beneath them, and were bloodshot

Jimin sheepishly entered the apartment, he was wearing an off-white long sleeved white sweater and torn blue jeans, his hair was blond and dishevelled, his eyes had bags beneath them, and were bloodshot. He looked rough. He looked around the room, Namjoon, Doctor Lee, Jisoo and Jennie, all with their mouths ajar, "I realise this may be a bit of a shock to you". Namjoon gulped, "we though you were...".

"Dead?" Jimin said, finishing Namjoon's sentence, who simply nodded in response. Jimin closed the door behind him and took a breath, "I owe you guys an explanation. Sunmi, Jisoo, Jennie...I'm sure you're aware by now that I'm not really a prison warden, I'm a detective. I was investigating corruption in the prison, connected to your father Jennie. The closer I got to the truth the more I realised my life was in danger, there are several respected officers in the Seoul Police Department that work for your dad, I had to go into hiding, I couldn't report back to the station with what I find out or I really would be dead now. But I still wanted to help, so I disappeared. I've been using sources at the station who want to do the right thing to spy on the corrupt cops, that's how I've been finding out the information for you. About Seungwan and Sooyoung's locations".

Jisoo shook her head, "there's something I still don't understand. Namjoon told us that you have known him for years but despite that you've been hiding your identity from him these past few months. Why show yourself now?". Jimin brushed his hand through his hair and cleared his throat, "because the information I have is pretty delicate and I think it's best to deliver it in person. I know I lied to you guys back in prison but I'm not heartless, it wouldn't be right to send this info via text message. Jennie need's to hear this face to face". Jennie's body tensed up, both in surprise and anxiety, she didn't know how much more bad news involving her dad she could take, "me?" she asked, puzzled. The junior detective looked directly into the brunette's eyes, sadness visible in his expression, "it's about your mother".

Sunmi being the respectful and polite woman she was, decided to excuse herself from the room, not wanting to eavesdrop on possible sensitive information concerning Jennie, "I'll go and tend to Lisa" she said as she left, pulling a reluctant Jisoo into the other room with her.

Namjoon was also about to leave until he felt his friend's hand around his wrist, "please stay" Jennie said softly. The lawyer smiled weakly and sat down beside her. Jimin sat down in the chair close to the sofa Namjoon and Jennie were sat on, as he pulled some files out of a brown leather bag. "What did your father tell you about your mother?" the young man began. Jennie's head tilted a little, unsure and confused about where this conversation was going to go, "um, he told me she was waitress at an exclusive restaurant, and that she got an illness and died when I was little". Jimin nodded slowly, "it's true that your mother posed as a waitress for a while, but she wasn't one. She was an undercover detective for the Seoul PD. The police have been investigating your father and SHK Investments for decades, not knowing that are people within the very department that are corrupt and being paid off by your father and his partners. That's why they sent your mother in undercover, to try and find out what she could as close to everything as she possibly could be. She was only meant to seduce your dad for a short time so she could spy on him, but he became infatuated with her, she was very beautiful, looked a lot like you" Jimin handed Jennie her mother's old detective badge, the woman was indeed the spitting image of Jennie herself. The junior detective handed some other files for Namjoon to read too, "when the corrupt officers found out about the undercover operation, and that your dad was obsessed with you mom, they panicked, they couldn't risk your father finding out the truth in case he didn't trust them anymore and turned on them, they involved themselves in the case and forced your mother to go undercover permanently, lying to your mother telling her she was still investigating. When your dad proposed, the police made her marry him, she fell pregnant shortly after their wedding. The deeper things got, the more important it was to the corrupt officers that your dad still believe the lie".