Forgiveness For the Sinner

As a warm breeze drifted calmly through the large open windows, causing the pale thin curtains to flutter slowly, Jennie very gently traced her finger tip along Lisa's stomach, both women laying naked together on the large white bed. Lisa smiled tenderly as she looked deep into Jennie's eyes. The brunette leaned her head forward, connecting her lips softly against the Thai's. Lisa returned the kiss in an equally delicate manner. The two women held their hands up slightly, lining them up together, occasionally intertwining their fingers. "I love you" Jennie whispered as she trailed her thumb across Lisa's palm to her wrist and down her arm. Lisa simply smiled. "I wish we could stay like this forever" the older girl continued. The redhead's smile dropped from her face leaving a cold and emotionless expression in its place, she sat up and calmly got up off of the bed, not acknowledging her girlfriend's existence. Jennie sat up in the bed watching Lisa in confusion as the Thai pulled a white t-shirt over her torso and white pants. Jennie wrapped the bedsheet around her body as she attempted to follow the younger girl who was walking towards the door, "you always leave when I say that". Lisa turned around to look at the brunette, "because I can't answer your next question, it isn't for me to say". 

"Please forgive me" Jennie pleaded. Lisa smiled gently, "I'm not her. This isn't real. You keep bringing me here because you seek her forgiveness, but she's the only one who can grant it". Jennie furrowed her eyebrows as she frowned, "why can't you answer? Why can't she tell me?". The Thai chuckled lightly, "you know why", she replied as blood began to form all over her t-shirt, staining the once white clothing in deep red. Blood splatters rapidly dripped all over the plain white floor and white walls, the entire room becoming drenched as the soft breeze through the windows turned into a forceful wind that brought the cold snow in with it. Jennie desperately tried to reach her girlfriend to help her but was stopped by blood and snow blowing in her face making her unable to see, "Lisa" she called out, but received no response.

"Lisa!" Jennie sat up quickly from her desk, breathing heavily in a cold sweat, a combination of snow and rain splattering against her face a little as it was blown in through the open window of her apartment building. The steady beeping of hospital equipment snapped the woman out of her trance, turning from her desk to see her girlfriend still laying in a deep coma, connected to machines and drips by wires and tubes. Jennie didn't get much sleep these days but when she did it was always the same dream, her and Lisa in bed happy but Lisa always left. The dreams got worse the more guilty the brunette felt over what was going on. Months had passed since she had sent Jeongyeon to assassinate the accountant of CEO Kim and Jennie had a few more bodies on her conscience since then. Jeongyeon didn't enjoy killing but Jennie assured her it would only be temporary, that the lives of Jennie herself and her friends depended on it and that the targets were bad people anyway. As true as those statements were, it didn't do much to ease the guilt of either woman. 

"Jen". Jennie jumped at the sound of Namjoon's voice standing behind her. "I didn't mean to startle you" he said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's fine" she replied, "I didn't hear you come in that's all. What do you want?". Namjoon handed Jennie some files he had received from Seulgi's investigation into the brunette's dad, the detective had only recently recovered from her injury and had lost much of her memory after being in a coma of her own. "Does she remember anything of the night she was shot yet?" Jennie asked as she began to look through the files. Namjoon shook his head, "no, she has most of her memory back now, there's only little things here and there she still can't remember but she doesn't recall much of that entire day at all, we are no closer to knowing who shot her. Irene and Jihyo are sticking close with her though, they've helped her recovery a lot". "Great" she responded, not even sounding interested about Seulgi's health. Jennie closed the files, placing them on her desk as she rubbed the side of her head with her fingers, trying to ease a headache she'd had for a while, "is there anything else?" she asked. The lawyer sighed, the woman in front of him wasn't the sweet girl he met when they were younger, he didn't know her but he could do nothing about it, "Doctor Lee wants to talk to you, should I send her through?". Jennie stood up and walked over towards the window, closing it aggressively with irritation, "no" she said sternly as Namjoon nodded his head and exited the room.