CL

Namjoon and Wendy ran for the staircase after peeking out of the apartment door to check the coast was clear, the balcony they had been hiding on was too open and exposed, neither of them felt self there. They crouched down low as they made their way across the corridor, trying to blend in with the screaming crowd, their increasingly wet clothes clinging to their skin. Wendy wore a light t-shirt, thin black and white stripes, though the white looked more greyish now it was so wet, her dark blue jeans beginning to get heavy as the building sprinkler system continued to pour over everyone. "Can I ask something?" Wendy said in a quiet voice as Namjoon pulled her through the people, checking behind him so they didn't bump into you know who, "sure" he responded. "Who are you?" she asked as she also kept a watchful eye on the people around them. "Kim Namjoon, I'm Jennie's close friend and-". "Lawyer" the blue haired girl interrupted, cutting his sentence, "I remember Jennie talking about you. I would say it was nice to meet you but...". The man chuckled lightly though he was incredibly anxious, "yeah, running from killers isn't my idea of a social gathering either". Namjoon was about to make a break for the door when Wendy suddenly grabbed his arm, pulling him back behind the corner, "wait!". The tall man stopped, turned around to face the girl and frowned at her in confusion, "what's wrong?". She paused, assessing their surroundings, ensuring their resting place was safe before responding, "look around, there is only one exit on this level, don't you think that is exactly where this chick is going to be headed and keeping an eye on? She'll see us if we go there". Namjoon's eyes widened realising that she was right, that hadn't even been something he would have considered, his survival instinct just told him to run, but he was talking to a woman that successfully escaped prison and had kept themselves alive and free up until this point, this was exactly why he needed her on board. 

"We need to find a way out of here, and I need to find Jennie, I can't leave her to get killed" Namjoon said in a panicked tone. Wendy brushed away the hair that had got stuck to her face, "Jennie will be fine, she's smart and surprisingly calm under pressure, she was so brave back there, she managed to keep that assassin talking with that silly arguing". Namjoon smiled, "only Jennie Kim could make a highly trained killer stop mid-job to have an argument". Wendy smirked and nodded in agreement, "besides Lisa is here, she wouldn't let anything happen to Jennie, or anyone she cares about". The silver haired man sighed, unconvinced by Wendy's reassurance "she couldn't save Dahyun could she" he mumbled. The words hit the Canadian like a train, her chest tightening and her stomach churning. The blue haired girl fell back slightly against the wall, almost paralyzed by the mention of Dahyun's name, and all the sickening guilt that came with it. ~I had the gun. If I hadn't been so stupid and got caught in the blast from the bomb, I could of saved her. She would still be here~ a thought that had plagued her mind every day since that night. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...I-I'm sorry" he added, after seeing the sorrow that had formed in the girl's eyes. She breathed in deeply, "we should find them". 

The assassin's heart thumped in her chest, neither in fear nor exhilaration, there was only one emotion that caused her body this kind of physical response. Anger. She continued to charge across the corridor, kicking open doors and pushing people away from her, she knew she couldn't stay in this crowd any longer, the water was making her surgical mask too heavy for the elastic straps that held it on her face. She had kept a close eye on the exit, she was sure neither Jennie or Seungwan had left, they had to be here still. Killing two unarmed targets was rarely an issue for some as skilled as Lee Chaerin, however she had a major problem, a deeply imbedded physiological illness that took control of her at the worst times. It was a problem that changed her personality in an instant, no longer a powerful and intelligent woman, sexy and assertive, but instead an enraged lunatic. Chaerin would transform from a cool hunter, the wolf, to a werewolf, a brutal monster incapable of rational thought. Less of a mental health problem and more of a curse that had burdened the young woman all of her life. She was not at this state yet, but she could feel it approaching as her eyes darted around the crowd of panicked people, yet she still couldn't see her targets. How could she allow them to get away from her? How could she of failed again. ~I will kill every single person in the building to find them if I have to~ she thought to herself as her rage increased.