11

yikes this is short?

Amy woke up to a loud sneeze.

"Aaa.. ACHOO!!"

Amy groaned quietly as she sat up and rubbed her eyes, glancing at the clock, 9:45am, not too early, so she couldn't complain. The brunette female turned her attention to another sneeze as Mark walked into the bedroom, footie pajamas on and holding a stuffie and a tissue stuck up his red nose, he stopped in his tracks when noticing she was awake.

"Mommy-! I'm sorry, did I wake you?" His voice was so quiet and soft, but she could hear the concern laced in his tone. Amy shook her head and smiled gently towards her baby, "What's wrong, princey?"

"I-I just.. woke up sneezing, it'll blow over, mommy."

Amy tilted her head as she stood up, eyebrow arched, she had a hard time believing it, "Baby boy, are you sure?"

"P-Posi— ACHOO!—"

Amy sighed, shaking her head, "..Maybe not.." He mumbled, his thumb now in his mouth as he sucked on it nervously. "Aw, it's okay, hon. Lay down, it's time for me to be a nurse!" Amy giggled as she scurried past Mark—not without kissing his cheek—and down the stairs to grab what she'd need as far as medicine went.

...

Mark laid in their bed, his eyes watery and nose runny as he sniffed and used the overused tissue to wipe it all. Bottles of medicine beside him on the bedside table, ibuprofen, cough syrup, all the good stuff.

Amy skipped back in with a new box of soft to the touch tissues, "There, new box all for you, prince. Was your soup good, baby? Not too hot was it?" Mark smiled softly and shook his head, "It was good, mommy..!" Amy smiled, nodding.

She checked to make sure he had enough drink before sitting on the edge of the bed and rubbing his legs, "M-Mommy.."

"Hush, now. Let mommy take care of her sick baby, okay?" Amy rubbed his legs in a comforting way, hoping to help him fall asleep.

It had been hours and Mark looked miserable as he laid in the bed, and Amy knew that sleep would be his only ticket out of it, so she was helping him, but he seemed to be fighting it.

"Hey, baby boy, don't fight it, go to sleep, please. I know you feel bad, so it's okay." Mark yawned and curled up on the bed, "Stuffie.. I want Tim.." Amy crossed her arms and didn't move until Mark spoke up again, "P..please, mommy..?" Amy smiled softly as she patted his leg and stood up, walking out the room to go and grab said plushy.

As she rushed back in, Mark was fast asleep, thumb in his mouth. Amy giggled quietly as she slowly placed the plushy between his arms, tucking him in with a kiss to his forehead.

"Sleep well, prince."