Part 1

It's been a minute hasn't it :,) I'm excited to get back into writing and I hope this story finds you well <3

Beautiful edits by my best friend turtle on instagram ~ https://www.instagram.com/turtle._.turtle

Quick little disclaimer: I'm not a historian by any means and I also didn't learn about the Korean War when I was in school, everything referenced here are things that I've research and I've tried to fill this with accurate information and to make it worth your time. But that being said, this is a work of fiction. The theme is very real and is not fictional though. If you would like to know more about this topic or organizations you can donate too please don't be afraid to shoot me a message :3

War is a very serious thing, and while this story will be light-hearted and loving, it will also be serious and heartbreaking at times. This isn't a first account on what it's like to be in the military like I said this is purely a work of fiction sprinkled in with as much accurate information as I could piece together.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions throughout this story.

Respect and love your veterans <3

This is chapter is now edited by my wonderful friend @PsychoLillyLuv I love her so much and she's so talented definitely go check her out <3

Chapter One:

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" A worried Namjoon asks as Yoongi makes his way to grab the coffee that was just brewed for him. "I mean...yeah I get it. You want to make something of yourself, and you have to take risks to move ahead, yeah yeah I get it but-"

"Namjoon." Yoongi cut him off as the two walked out of the little coffee shot, hands warm with the cups in their hands as the cold autumn air breezes past them, "You know that I have to do this. You know why I have to do this."

A reassuring hand rests on his shoulder, "Yes, I do trust me I get it. But think about your job, your apartment. Hell, what about your dog Holly?"

The older boy immediately softened at his furry little pet's name, but quickly shook his head before Namjoon continued, "Look I know you want to find the truth, but this is such a big risk. You know the truth anyway, the one you're searching for that is. You can piece together enough evidence here from the news to put a decent story together."

Sighing in frustration as they turned, the city corner not all that busy for a monday morning. "Namjoon I understand why your concerned. But an apartment means nothing to me, Holly can live with Seokjin for a while and if I don't do this there will be no job. At least this way there's a chance I could come back to one."

After entering their company building, Namjoon tried walking a step faster than Yoongi, turning to try and get the boy to look at him, "Hyung, who cares about the job. What if you don't come back?"

At this, Yoongi looks up at him, a bit surprised that that would even cross his mind, "And why wouldn't I come back?"

Namjoon was about to say something when his phone began to ring, blaring some cypher song by a Korean band. Fitting, Yoongi thought. Pulling out his phone, a picture of Seokjin lit up the screen, his features even Yoongi would admit were handsome coloring the phone and bringing the faintest of smiles to the youngers face.

Before he answered he looked up towards Yoongi, fear in his eyes, "Hyung we'll talk about this later."

"There won't be a later Namjoonie, I'm leaving tonight." He spoke, entering his small office cubicle, "Don't worry, I'll accept your love letters while I'm over there." He finished with a sly smirk and a wink for good measure.