Part 6

Yoongi was confused as to how the letter arrived so quickly, but shook off the thought as he opened it,

"Dear Yoongi,

Hey man! Has it been two weeks already? Time flies fast when your boyfriend is dog sitting your best friends dog. Which by the way, they both miss you. I do too of course, but only a little bit ;)

Anyway, I hope you're staying out of trouble over there, and you're getting good photos. The manager position above you in the photos department just opened up by the way...boss said if you come back with a story that'll sell, there's a good chance for promotion.

Just thought I'd keep you updated. Fighting hyung!!

Stay safe,

Kim Namjoon

P.S.- Seokjin says hi and that he wants you to bring some of the "good stuff" home with you (He's talking about kimchi)."

A chuckle filled Yoongi as he read the letter, definitely something that his best friend, an award winning writer he'd call him, wrote. But nevertheless, Yoongi appreciated it, especially with the new information causing his drive for stories to suddenly kick into hard drive now.

When he lifted his gaze, he was met with Hoseok, his expression rather unreadable, but his eyes on the verge of worry, "What is it hyung? Is everything alright?"

The boy smiled, confused, "Of course it is Seok-ah, why wouldn't it be?"

Hoseok visibly relaxed, "Ah I just, um-"

"He wanted to know if you were single or not!" A challenging Jungkook yelled from the table they all sat at, his grin knowing and playful.

Hoseok gave him a pointed look, "No no no that's not-"

But the boy was cut off by Yoongi's loud laughter, the kind that fills the air like a ringing drum yet harmonizes with it like a blooming flower, the others couldn't help but to laugh along.

"Really? You think I would date Namjoon he's just, he's just a friend God no I would never heck no even the thought is just" And he was off laughing again, the concept so bazar to him, but then he looked over to the others still laughing, Hoseok too, and Yoongi realized that Hoseok has different kinds of laughs.

This, this was a laugh of relief. 

Once they'd finished their meal and went their separate ways for the day, Hoseok whispered to Yoongi as the two walked a few steps behind the group, "I liked it."

Yoongi's eyes showed confusion as he looked towards the younger, "Liked what?"

"The nickname, no one's ever called me Seok-ah before. It's...um well it's..."

And the older waited, watching as Hoseok tried to find his words before finally sighing in defeat, "It's nice, I'll see ya hyung!" He quickly spoke before turning to go and do who knows what.

Nevertheless, Yoongi smiled, turning over the nickname in his head like a broken record, it fit him, Seok-ah.

_____

And like this, Yoongi had found himself fitting effortlessly into a routine, he'd share breakfast with the four boys whom he'd grown quite fond of, travel to the village with Taehyung and Jungkook, sometimes Jimin, and on rare occasions, Hoseok. But he'd always find that one family, the grandma and her little granddaughter who shined with an excitement beyond her time as Yoongi would help out in any way he could, searching for new stories he could tell along the way.

Than the day would come to a close, traveling back to the base was always interesting, hearing the small groups stories, even if the road back seemed to only be growing in distance as the cold began to take hold of the air a little more with every leaf that would fall. He'd dine with the boys, their rhythm loud and full of energy as they recounted their days, laughter roaring and smiles reaching their eyes.