Part 24

It was getting late, and Yoongi was laying in Hoseok's arms, smiling as he felt the youngers slow breathing. "You're asleep already Seok-ah?" Yoongi asked, his voice warm as he got up from the couch, reaching over to grab their dirtied dinner plates left on the coffee table when Hoseok's hand reached out, lacing around Yoongi's wrist, a sleepy "Where are you going?" mumbled past the younger lips.

Yoongi laughed as he looked over to find that the younger hadn't even opened his eyes, "I'm going to do the dishes, you can either stay here or come with me."

Hoseok frowned with an over exaggerated sigh as he opened his eyes, moving to get up and follow the older into the kitchen. Yoongi started rinsing the dishes as Hoseok's arms wrapped around his torso, warm, with his chin resting on the olders shoulder.

There wasn't any words really, none that needed to be said, there wasn't any need to fill the air with conversation, because the comfortable quietness they both found themselves in with each other was a conversation in and of itself. It wasn't until Yoongi had moved on to dry the dishes, that he spoke, "Seok-ah, there's something I've been thinking about lately."

Hoseok hummed against the olders neck before he continued, "I think we should go see Seungmin in prison."

"No." Yoongi felt Hoseok's arms around him tighten, "He almost..." He could feel the way Hoseok's jaw tensed against his shoulders, after placing the last dried plate down Yoongi turned in the youngers arms, letting his hands cup Hoseoks cheeks as he spoke, "I know, he almost took..." Yoongi could feel his own heart tremble as he struggled with words, "Took you away from me." But meeting the youngers eyes in an intense gaze, he steadied his voice, "But he didn't, and the only way he's going to change and grow from this is if we show him kindness." Yoongi threaded his fingers through Hoseok's bangs, "The same kind of kindness, that you showed me, even though I took pictures and wrote stories on how terrible you guys are, you still smiled at me."

Hoseok's lips turned up in a smile, easy, "So you're saying my smile changed your thoughts on what kind of journalist you wanted to be? That's a pretty damn powerful smile huh." He spoke, bumping their noses together in a pure gesture.

Yoongi giggled, "Whatever floats your boat Seok-ah."

The younger sighed, "This ship is sailing then," Before leaning back, his eyes kind, "We can go see Seungmin if you want to, we can tell him that we've forgiven him." Yoongi smiled before Hoseok spoke again, "Actually, I think I have a better idea."

Yoongi looked at him quizzically before the younger smiled, "I'll send the letter tomorrow for Jeungin to come to New York, we'll have him talk to Seungmin. I don't know what Jeungin is to him, but I'd venture to say he's not just anybody." The youngers lips turned in thought, "I do want to tell Seungmin how lucky he is that Namjoon forgot the ribbon that day and pushed back the ceremony. And that I was this close to listening to you and not calling the police before the event." But then, he sighed, "But, I guess none of that really matters now, what matters is that we're okay, the police and ambulance showed up just in time, and Jin and Namjoon's café is open."

Yoongi smiled with bittersweet, yet soft eyes, thumb rubbing over the cut that graced the youngers cheek, "Yeah, we're okay."

Hoseok's hand rested atop his own, "Yoongi-ah, I'm sorry I called the police without talking to you first, I just, I had a feeling. But next time, it's a team effort."

The older shook his head, "No, Seok-ah you did the right thing, if you hadn't had done that who knows what would have happened, it could have been a lot worse than just passing out because of inhaling too much gas." He smiled, "It's okay."

Hoseok nodded, a small, pure smile on his lips as his eyes lit up with an idea, "Oh, since Jeongin would be here already, they can go through the trial process together too? It would be better for them that way, yeah?"

The older nodded, "That sounds perfect Seok-ah," before getting lost in Hoseoks soft smile, giggling before leaning his head on the olders chest. Hoseok's hands rested on Yoongi's waist as the older laced his own around Hoseok's shoulders, smiling, "Baby, what are you doing?"

Hoseok hummed against Yoongi's ear, "Sway with me~" As the younger guided Yoongi, who melted easily with the slow movement of Hoseoks hips, his small steps.

Yoongi giggled even more when Hoseok started to sing, and he didn't know all the words but that didn't stop him from jumping in whenever he did, causing the both of them to laugh because Yoongi was never one for singing. But still, it was fun, more than that, really.

It wasn't until the song had ended, after Hoseok's random singing noises, "You're a human jukebox." Yoongi would giggle, "I only plays loves songs for you~" Hoseok would sing back. It wasn't until swaying against Hoseok became the easiest thing, second nature, to Yoongi, that the older realized, "Seok-ah"

Hoseok stopped singing then, humming, "Yeah?"

"Why don't you sing more often?" Yoongi asked, mentally kicking himself for causing the boy to stop.

But then there was Hoseok's laugh, loud and bright, and all too kind, "Yoongi-ah, I'll sing for you every night if you want me too."

Yoongi smiled, nuzzling his nose closer into Hoseok's shoulder, "You're moon prince would like that very much."

Hoseok leaned down to press soft lips to Yoongi's cheek, his kiss lingering warm on the olders skin, "Then I will, every night."

_

Yoongi woke up with a kiss on his forehead, "Good morning baby, how'd you sleep?" Hoseok asked in a sweet voice, the older opened his eyes to find him fully dressed for the day, sitting on the side of their bed, "Seok-ah? Why are you up already?" Yoongi spoke as he tiredly sat up, only to rest his head on the youngers shoulder.

Hoseok had a paper in his hand his other hand threading through Yoongi's hair, "We got an answer back, Jeongin is on his way."

"That was quick," Yoongi yawned, "You just sent the letter the other day, and they've already replied. When's he coming?"

There was a pause, too long for Yoongi not to notice as the older moved from Hoseok's shoulder, "Seok-ah?"

But Hoseok had trouble meeting Yoongi's gaze, "He'll be here in a few days. But, I have to go back Yoongi-ah, they want me to leave by tomorrow night." There was a thick heaviness in the air, and Yoongi felt like a fool, an idiot, for thinking the door to their bliss would be invisible to dangers heavy knocks. And he knew, he knew Hoseok would always answer the call.

"Alright, breakfast, walk Holly, and then we pack our things." Yoongi spoke easily, not missing the way Hoseok's eyes lit up, "What? You think I wasn't planning on coming too? I miss thoughs Dongsaengs just as much as you!" He finished with a laugh which Hoseok quickly joined.

The younger smiled bright, "Right, just the dongsaengs, never for your bubble king huh?"

Yoongi laughed, getting out of bed and leading them towards the kitchen, "Bubble king who?

Hoseok laughed even louder, grabbing two cups for the coffee, "Wow, and after everything I do for you, I'm offended."

The older giggled, "You know I'm the one who pays the rent around here."

"Off of the stories you write about me!" Hoseok exclaimed through a fit of laughter. Yoongi tried to pout in response which only caused the younger to laugh more, "Oh don't make me start singing now~"

"Oh no, my only weakness!" Yoongi spoke sarcastically.

Hoseok smirked, singing, "It's not your only weakness~" before trapping Yoongi in a hug, tickling the boys torso, releasing a fit of laughter from the older before Yoongi tried ticking him back, which Hoseok countered by lifting Yoongi up, and sitting him on the counter, sliding in-between the olders legs to get closer. Laughter still light on their lips as Hoseok leaned in for a kiss, Yoongi sighed into the touch, completely endeared.

No matter what would happen, what their future would hold going back to the war zone, with danger surrounding them at every corner. Small moments like this with Hoseok, Yoongi deemed, was always worth it. Would always, be worth it.

_______

Note: Omg TT we're getting closer to the end of the story !!! Just a few more chapters left gang, but I'll work hard to make them worth your time! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know your thoughts and I'll have the next chapter up (hopefully) by Monday!