Chapter 12

Deepika

Veer's hatred left me shattered, the moment I felt precious, suddenly made me feel dirty. He pleasured me and then openly accepted his hatred. I broke down , the pain was unbearable. It was the hope to be with him that kept me alive and going in that hell. I was so glad when I made home alive. I was ready for his anger, I expected him to confront , scream and call me words. But hadn't expected him treat me like a slut. I cried infront of him and he called it an act, that moment I decided , I will never let him have the pleasure of watching me in pain. I had given that power to my father in past, not more.

I always thought him to be different. Who am I fooling? After all, he too is a hot blooded stubborn Royal, just like my father. He has held me captive in his palace, the way my dad had, first when I was a child and later when he wished to have offspring. The barking of hounds outside my suite broke my thoughts. I have always been scared of dogs. When I was a 6, I broke my father's favourite vase while playing. To punish me, he locked me in a metal cage meant for his hounds and let the hounds free on me from outside. Though, they could not hurt me. But as a child it was frightening experience and it stayed back with me for years. For now, I cannot differentiate between the man responsible for my birth and the man who once gave me a new life. In this hour, I can't differentiate between the two

Vikram's tiny squeal took my attention back to him; my little man loves to keep me awake at night. Smiling I tickled his tiny tummy and he squealed again. My thoughts again bought lines of worry to my forehead. Vikram carries the blood of two stubborn royals. The mean genes of my father that stayed recessive in my blood, might dominate his and then Veer. He looks like him. Staring at my son , I warned, ''hear me out little man, if you ever hurt a girl. You will have to face the difficult side of me. Do you understand?'' He stared at me with unblinking eyes and then smiled, bringing a relaxing smile to my lips.

One of the hounds howled , sending the shivers down my spine. I am more worried for Vikram. I can't leave him unattended for a minute. These dogs are nothing less than wolves, they can smell and understand the weak one and it scares me It has been 3 weeks and I haven't stepped out of my suite. We have had a million arguments in these weeks, with Veer trying to dominate my physical and mental form. His touch makes me weak, I love him. Still. But I have decided not give up. He refused to give spare his son a glance and I won't let him anywhere near Vikram the day he realises his mistake.

With a deep breath, I changed Vikram and placed him in the crib. He smiled again, filling my heart with joy. The sound of the door alerted me and I covered Vikram's ears. Though, he is a happy kid, loud noise irks him to the core and I don't want him wailing at midnight. Without making any sound, I sat on my four post bed, watching the locked door of my room. I know Veer is on the other side, still standing near the door watching it intently. My heart started raging mad, I don't how and why but every time he is there on the other side , I feel him. I feel his palm brushing the closed door, I feel him leaning his forehead against it, breathing hard. I let out a sigh of relief when I heard footsteps fainting and then banging of his room door. I cursed and stared at Vikram's crib. He seemed busy making small sounds. Throwing my back on the bed, I kept staring at the ceiling before slipping into the slumber.

***

I woke up by the sound of banging door, but surprisingly Vikram is clam. I had put him to sleep after waking up around 3AM. I waited to make sure all was calm. With slow steps, I moved to the porch area to check if he was really out. The first thing in the morning he does is meeting with the resort staff in the lawn area. I peeped and found him instructing the staff in a commanding voice, he suddenly turned his eyes up and I moved back. I watched him walking away towards the exit and took a breather. I am planning to step out today, I know he won't be back before late evening.