Chapter- 19

Veer,

Bhai had handed me the details on Suryagarh and had warned me about sticking to his security arrangement. The way bhai threaten me makes me feel  even smaller  than Vikram . ''What fun do you get making these bubbles ?''

Dipu lovingly scolded the little guy who had got into the habit of making bubbles out of his saliva. I watched as she gently wiped his mouth for the nth time. Dipu walked of to the wash room and I sat next to Vikram, he smiled as his eyes fell on me. Caressing his cheek, I blew his tummy making him squeal louder. ''Take care of your mom little guy, I going to be busy for some days. If she knows, she won't let me go. This is our secret, will you keep it.?'' He grinned playfully. I recalled the day of his vaccination as a chill ran down my spine, I could never thank  Ananya enough for her favour. And she kept her words, in less then 12 hrs, Netra found her son tied and locked in a storeroom with a warning for her. For few months she is going lie low, not even in her wildest thought she could have guessed Ananya taking such a step . After all, the playful Queen is famous for her kind heart.

''what are you talking about?'' Her voice froze my  movements. Taking a moment I got up walking close to her, ''I am going out of station for few days. I was asking my son to take care of my treasure.''

She laughed playfully hearing my words and I stood mesmerized watching her beautiful face. Taking a step closer, I cupped her cheek. her laughter immediately died. She stared at me wide eyed, moving my other palm to her other cheek and Leaning closer, I kissed the corner of her lips, ''take care Dipu. '' Moving my arms around her waist, I pulled her closer in my embrace. Though she didn't hug me back, she stayed in my arms without any protest, her head on my shoulder, ''When will you be back?'' She asked softly

Caressing her head, I replied , ''2-3 days''

''Will you be safe?'' Her fingers curled around the fabric of my shirt. Her concern and fear was so evident. My arms automatically tighten pulling her closer, she hummed softly burying her face in my chest, awakening the desire in me. I know I have to win her trust before taking this any further. Rubbing my face through her dark hair, I kissed her forehead, ''Come what may, I will be safe for you and Vikram. Just stay happy for me.''

''Please call me twice in a day or I will be worried'' She requested. Lifting her chin, I bought her eyes to level with mine. ''I will, now I should get going. take care and be back from the NGO early'' Hugging her tight once, I gave Vikram a loving peck before moving out. 

***

As the fleet of vehicles crossed the boundaries of Suryagarh, I could feel the change in air. Through my tinted glasses, I watched the curious eyes that followed my vehicle. Some held curiosity and many held hatred. I smirked, this is my son's inheritance. My wife risked herself for it, come what may , I am going to clean the remaining dirt. ''To the Palace first and and find Gayatri Devi's chief guard. '' Bhanu nodded and left the vehicle, I have to find that man to know what Deepika went through. He was the man who helped Sitara in finding the secret passage and then escaping. I owe him big time, last time when I was here , I was so consumed by my anger that I couldn't thank him for saving my wife and my son. We drove into the Palace drive way moving the the entrance. My guard unlocked the heavy gates, pushing them open with a creaking sound. I stepped into the dark hall way, as the one with me searched for the lights . Something about this place was so negative that it made me feel suffocated. ''Unlock all rooms, dungeons and secret passages. Dig all you can.''

Moving around the dark walls, I studied and made a mental note of everything. Seems Mahendra Singh hated light, just like his personality everything around is dark. ''Open all windows.'' I ordered