Chapter-29

Veer,

  ''Where were you? learn to be on time'' Bhai scolded me in whispers . Ananya and Dipika were busy making the final arrangements. Once we were done, I walked out to do complete my assigned job. 

''Bhai I want to sleep, whatever it is we can talk it out in morning.'' Raksha whined as I dragged her towards the main hall. She kept whining and I turned deaf, as soon as she stepped in the room turned bright and all of us sang together, ''Happy B'day Raksha!!!!''

She blinked for a minute and then smiled looking at all of us. ''Bhai, Disney Princess cake I am not 5.'' She said chuckling

''No but you are a Princess...our Princess.'' Bhai replied. Her eyes started filling up. She quickly blinked them to prevent the tears from falling. 

''Thanks...!!!'' that came choked. Ananya took her to the cake, ''Please be quick, I am dying to have it.''

Shaking her head, Raksha finally did the honours and like childhood I smashed a piece on her face, ''VEER!!!'' She stomped

''Where are your manners girl, you aren't suppose to take my name. I am your elder brother.''

''Then behave like one. Now I will have to bathe at midnight. I hate you.'' I was enjoying the drama when another piece landed on my face, ''Serves you right.''  Bhai somehow separated us, while our wives sat in a corner enjoying the cake. 

''Stay happy and keep smiling my little doll.'' Bhai hugged her. She said nothing, but hid her face deep into his chest, her hands gripping his shirt on the back. I could feel her shaking, ''Rakshu, what's wrong?''

''Nothing, I am sorry I was a brat before.'' She replied still hiding in his chest. I knew that wasn't convincing  enough and what gave me more doubts were worried looks on Ananya and Dipika's faces. They shared a look, but kept quite. Breaking the hug bhai held Raksha at a distance, ''Tell me and I will do it. Ask and you will have it.'' She lifted her eyes but they met Ananya's first, I followed and found Ananya shaking her head advising Raksha against uttering a word.

''I am just emotional. I love you all'' She some how started recalling our childhood moments diverting our minds. But I am sure there is something, and my sixth sense  says its about Adi. God forbid if hurts her, I am going to forget everything. Bhai escorted Raksha to her room, he wanted sometime alone with her. Its better I ask him tomorrow

***

I stayed awake till late hours, Raksha's tears worried me. I will have to find about it and soon, this way she will break into pieces.  I checked time, it was already 4 and Dipika had left to sleep in other room as this lad had been rolling all over the bed. I tried turning on my left, a small weight whined snuggling closer. I tried turning on my back, but Vikram whined and then rubbed his face on my back. I have been stuck at that position for past 3 hrs. Last night he refused to sleep in his crib and we decided to let him sleep with us, he kept rolling all over the bed pushing me and Dipu to the edge. I am now at verge of tumbling down, but he isn't ready to move. Above that he is whining as if it was me rolling over the bed disturbing him. Moving my arm around, I tried pushing him to the middle slowly. He whined then wailed making Dipu run back into the room. He kept wailing lying on the stomach pointing his finger to me, Brat!

''What did you do?''

''I just tried to move him to the middle , its him who didn't allow me to sleep.'' I justified. Dipu shook her head and lifted Vikram up. He kept scratching his head with one while his other hand pointed towards me. ''Fine, I will scold him. Now quiet.'' My brow went up hearing her words, ''What did I do?''

''Please don't start. Its just to pacify him.''

''And who would pacify me?'' I pouted

She frowned , ''Tell me one thing, why is that both these kids scream maximum around you. You have already made enmity with Rolli now you are fighting him.''