Chapter-18

Deepika

My eyes opened to the chirping birds some where around dawn, as I stayed comfortably cocooned in Veer's arms. I could see the yellow orange hue covering the sky from the open porch door. Veer left it open as he didn't wanted Vikram to get habitual to artificial air conditioning. My eyes moved to His face, there was a serene calmness. Something which calmed my whole being, moving his arms away I tried stepping out but he pulled me back, ''Sleep Dipu, it's still time.''

''I am ready to be up. I feel fresh.'' I replied softly

''May be you are, I am not yet ready to leave you. So just stay.'' He said pushing my back on the bed and pressing half of me down with his weight. I heard a content sigh as he buried his face in my neck. My eyes welled up, it has been a year since he held me this way. It had been days since I slept this way. But how long is this going to last, he will again be mad about something and push me away. I felt my heart shattering again with fear of rejection, I tried controlling but a small sob escaped my lips. He stiffened and the towered me with a worried expression, ''What's wrong?''

''let me go.'' I sniffed

''You are crying because I asked you stay for some more time?'' He questioned with a raised brow. I sniffed simply nodding, clueless what to reply. He chuckled slowly lowering himself on me, crushing me slowly with his weight, ''Cry more.'' With that he rolled over pulling me in his arms. I struggled , ''Let me go Veer.''

''Never.'' He said staring into my eyes. I know it is childish, but the anger in me wanted to do all opposite of what Veer wanted. Struggling vigorously, I did all I could to free myself of his clutches, ''I don't appreciate being pushed Veer.''

''Aren't my arms comfortable or you have started loathing me to an extent that my touch bothers you?'' His words froze my body. I stared into his eyes, he smiled softly cupping my cheek , he wiped off the wetness of my face, ''Don't push me away Dipu. It will only give you pain.''

''What's the surety that you won't hurt me again?'' my voice was accusing. He watched me intently trying to study my mind. I quickly turned my eyes away, scared that he would see all that is running in crooked head of min. Veer turned my face towards him, '' some where around 2 yrs back, I met a girl who drove a car with big pink L. She banged my vehicle with hers just because she wanted a chance to know me. She loved me, she took all kinds of dangers to see me just once I a day. I married her. For my selfish reasons. I had promised myself to take care of her, and then the unthinkable happened. I fell for her, hard and fast. She refused to believe on my love and then I kidnapped her and took her to my summer palace, bearing my heart to her and you know what she chose to believe me. Now, she is the mother of my son and I am requesting her to believe me once more. Can she or should I ask will she.''

My eyes were pouring as he narrated our past. Can I trust him? Yes, I loved him then when he just considered me his friend. Yes, I loved him then when he married me to get his hands on Brijesh. I loved him when I took the decision to walk away. I loved him when he hated me and called me slut. Yet, I just wanted him. But when he risked my baby, I couldn't love and trust him anymore. ''That girl is gone, lost in dark, never to be found.'' I said hoping he would forget about old Dipika

''Then I will bring her back and lock her down. Will you help me.'' He asked with a smile. I opened my mouth to protest but his lips came down to stop all flow of words. He kissed me deep and passionately, soothing my bruised soul. My arms started loosening up as they slowly went around his neck. Partying my lips, I gave him more, I was hungry as him, for his love for his affection. He was my anchor and only his thought kept me alive.

Breathless, Veer pulled apart rolling over he pulled me closer, ''If I ever behave like a jerk again, just thrash me.''

''It's difficult to trust the same way Veer.'' I confessed