Chapter-28

Dipika

''Mom!'' I was shocked to the core when my own mother shoved me like a rag doll. I was busy bonding with Raksha , when a hard pull on my hair made me yelp.

  ''You are the reason my son is dead, my family is no more. You are the reason my grandson had to leave his own house . I should have allowed you father to kill you when you were born. You deserve to die.''  She huffed like an injured tigress, holding the gun at me. Strangely, I wasn't scared. I realised , I was over all of them. My eyes moved to Ananya , she gave a nod. I knew The guards were moving towards us, she wanted me to keep her engaged. Moving my eyes to the woman who gave me birth, I instigated her.

  ''Its not me , its you. You could never be a mother who could teach her kids good. You failed to protect me, its you who is responsible.''  He gritted her teeth and held the gun in both hands, I could see her guards being compromised and Balwant was just behind, I smirked at her and she fired the moment Balwant lifted her hands up. I let her go. But this was the last time. Hence forth, I won't be her daughter I would just be Dipika Rathore.

*** 

My mother's hateful words kept ringing my ears the whole night, I couldn't sleep a wink. What was my fault that I endured so much hatred. She was never there for me, then how can she demand and blame me for the loss. Did I do wrong standing for the right or it was wrong to save myself from the family of leeches.

Veer had been too attentive towards me since we returned from our girl's day out. He fears me sinking into the darkness again. All the way he kept cracking stupid jokes to make me smile. I do understand his concern and of family, but I am unable to show them what it changed in me. After the dinner we all retired to our rooms, I could see the worried lines on Bhai and Ananya's face. With a smile I tried assuring them that I was fine. I don't know if it worked.

Veer didn't let go of me for whole night, I had to wake him up at times because I couldn't breathe. At the break of dawn , I somehow left the bed. Moving to the dresser, I pulled out my riding suit. It has been 2 years since I last rode a horse. It was a big stress buster for me back at London. I was the member of a elite riding club. Though, I never missed it but a part of me today wanted some kind of thrill. Yesterday's incident had scratched me bad, I wanted to feel the heat in my blood. After changing, I tiptoed to the room exit, standing there for a minute I stared at my two favourite people. They looked calm, and I promised myself to keep it that way. These dangers will never end, I will have to prepare myself for it. My mother wasn't an idle one, I will try my all to be the best one. For now, I will have to test myself.

Exiting suite I walked to the stable area. The caretakers were little shocked to find me there at early hours. They bowed and I replied with the smile, ''Which is the best one to ride?'' I asked

''Hero! He takes commands easily'' replied the old man. I patted the brown horse lovingly, and then my eyes met with the eyes of a dazzling black beauty, ''What about him?''

''BLAZE!!! He is dangerous. Most difficult one, he had hurt Veer Hukum twice.'' That got my attention. I would love to tame the beast who had hurt my Veer. Walking to it, I patted and rubbed his back. It fiddled and then settled, ''Hukum, its dangerous.'' The old man pleaded. I smiled at him, ''I can handle.'' Saddling it, I jumped on to it. It neighed furiously on the attempted to tamed. Grabbing the reins, I pulled it slightly and patted its sides with my feet. He moved up on his forelegs to throw me off and this time I pulled the reins hard, he neighed and ran. I rode him circles within the fence area and felt him getting familiar with me . But fences were no more my limits, refused to get tied down at any cost. Gaining the speed, I directed it towards the edge and commanded, ''UP''