Chapter-24

Dipika

The discussion with Ananya over Raksha had left me puzzled. What if Raksha did ask for Adi ? As far as I know bhai, he can go any length for his siblings. He had warned me when I had informed about my decision to leave for my native. I rubbed my palms anxiously, worried about the promise I made to Ananya. She was sure that its difficult to dissuade brothers when it came to Raksha, yet she wanted to. I don't what we are and can do about it.

''You aren't going to work today?'' Veer asked stepping out of the dresser.

''No, I am not required. Operations are moving smoothly, have to take care of some other things that mom assigned.'' He nodded . I got up and looked around, ''Where has this guy gone now?'' Vikram was getting naughtier day by day. I really wonder what would be his limit once he starts walking, if crawling keeps me on toes. Veer fixed his attire and then bursts out laughing, my eyes moved in the direction of his and widen in shock. Vikram happily sat on the floor with my brassieres on his head like bandana. He giggled watching his dad laughing heartily making me go red in embarrassment. I slapped his arm, ''Shut up, you knew he was in the dresser.''

Veer controlled his laughter, ''Where else he could be? He is in love with that mirror and you left the bottom shelf unlocked. Don't blame my son'' He turned to Vikram, ''He looks cute in that'' I stomped moving to my son, who decided to crawl off immediately. This is limit, I just don't want anyone else to see him like that. Veer grabbed him and removed the fancy hat, ''I understand guys like such things, but there is age for everything. Plus, she is not right one. Spare your mom''

''VEER!!!'' I wanted to kill him for embarrassing me more. He chuckled at my expression, giving both of us a tight hug he walked off. 

***

I watched his vehicle leave from the porch. I knew, he couldn't see me, yet the mere awareness was enough. Smiling I moved in to be shocked by a sudden thud, Vikram. I ran towards the kitchenette and found my son trying to open the fridge door. Seriously , he is one naughty guy. ''Vikram, what are you doing there.'' He turned and smiled, melting my anger away. next moment my jaw dropped, he was standing with support of refrigerator.  Switching on the camera, I clicked his pictures, made a video sending it to Veer. That will make him rush back soon. 

Lifting him up , I moved back to my room to change his clothes again. ''Hukum, Queen Mother is asking for the Prince.'' One of the staff informed. Nodding I picked Vikram up to drop him in Granny's room. 

I knocked and entered to find Granny animatedly talking to Rolli, and she kept making sounds throwing her arms and legs energetically. Walking to her pram, I knelt down at her, ''Good morning sweet heart.'' She gave a surprised expression and then smiled taking my heart away. Every time I see her, it reminds me the life of every royal Princess, bound in protocols. I just want her to be free. I came back to reality when her tiny fingers curled around my forefinger pulling it in her mouth. I smiled pecking her chubby cheek. 

As we got busy in talking, Vikram again crawled away settling  opposite to a glass cabinet and his war began. Granny immediately ordered all reflective objects to be covered, she wanted her beloved's Prince's attention on just her and she got that after some struggle. 

***

Evening, after Veer's return we sat in grand hall as a family with Vikram crawling to and fro to each member. Bhai and dad were out station for some work and were expected to be back by late evening. We shared coffee discussing about Vikram's bday party guests list, when a big squeal startled us. Vikram's giggles filled the room as he enthusiastically crawled to the door to welcome his grandfather and uncle. I smiled, its a breather to watch that he is picking every good thing of this family, I am glad he is taking the bond forward and not my father's greed.