Chapter -20

Deepika 

I woke in a steel grip around my body. Veer's clam warm breath fell on my neck, as he slept with his head buried there. These days, he makes sure he is here by night to be with us. To hold me as I sleep. I watched him with a smile and gently lifted his arm around my waist, ''Its early Dipu, sleep.'' Came his lazy voice.

'' Veer, its already 7. I am late , and I have to see granny.''

''You have time for everyone except me.'' He whined rolling away from me. Moving closer, I kissed his bare back once, ''Its Ananya's baby shower. You forgot.''

His eyes flew open, ''Oh no! Bhai will kill me. '' he jumped and then sniffed, ''What's that smell?''

''That's Vikram telling me that I am late.'' Veer scrunched his nose as I lifted Vikram up to get him ready. We were about to leave for breakfast, when Ananya called on the intercom, ''All good?'' I asked worried. She looks too worn out these days and that worries me

''Yeah, all good. We have a guest joining us for breakfast. Adi's mother. Just wanted to save you guys from shock.'' We hardly entertained anyone for the breakfast, hence this came as a shock for me. Even Veer looked confused at the sudden arrival of her. ''I hope Raksha didn't do anything stupid.'' He said racking his hand through his hair.

Presence of Queen Anuradha worried us, more because she came unannounced and Raksha's presence around Adi could be a reason too. We just hoped it isn't. Queen Anuradha is too proud and possessive of her son. I have interacted with her in my childhood during few seminars and functions. All she had to talk was about Adi, and this is why I had developed a crush on Adi, I smiled.

''Why are you smiling ?'' Veer asked with a raised brow. That bought another memory back from the time Adi visited us. I had confessed about having a crush on him and Veer was super jealous. My eyes met his and he was still there waiting for me to answer. Pressing my lips , I quickly moved to the dresser, to be pulled back by Veer. ''Don't tell me you are still thinking about that stupid crush of yours.''

''It wasn't stupid. And any girl can fall for Adi.'' I argued

''Any, not you. You are taken, branded and owned. So just don't even think of it as a joke.'' He stressed holding me in a tight grip. From his expression I could easily make out he was serious. Nodding, I tried to move out of his grip. But he wouldn't just let go. ''Veer, we will be late.''

''First promise, you wouldn't think of your stupid crush again.'' He was being impossible. I didn't wanted to stretch the matter so I gave up. The maid walked in with Sitara and took Vikram for his massage and bath. Veer stood there thinking deeply about something and then turned to me, ''Lend Sitara for a day to me.''

''Why?''

''I have a work she can do the best.''

''If she agrees.'' I walked off to freshen up, but his demand for Sitara made me think of the reason. Is he planning to get someone killed. The mere thought shakes my insides like any thing. I hope its nothing what I am thinking.

By the time we reached the dine-in room, everyone else had already taken their places. Veer greeted his best friend's mother with a hug. She patted his back as if her fingers were gold plated. ''I apologise for being late in congratulating you on father hood Veer, your son is going to grow in a handsome young man.'' Veer thanked her politely, taking the chair next to bhai. Vikram extended his arms towards his uncle and Bhai obliged. We all smiled as excited Vikram attacked bhai will all his energy, Bhai cuddled him apologising for not being able to see him for 3 days. Vikram stared at bhai for minute and attacked him with a squeal. Bhai laughed at his antics cuddling him lovingly.