Chapter 14

Dipika,

I was woken up by the knock on my room door, I had been up all night as my baby was too reluctant to sleep. He seemed so energised, that all my efforts to put him to sleep went in vain.

I got up rubbing my eyes. Since I saw Veer near Vikram's crib, I am little worried. Though, he has accepted Vikram as his own, yet I am not able to push that hound incident out of my head.

I was greeted by my brooding husband atbthe door.He stared at me for good minute before opening his mouth, ''granny had arranged a masseur for Vikram. She is here.'' I felt like rolling over hearing the word masseur. This boy is definitely going to get spoiled. I invited the old lady in and Sitara followed her too. The lady laid Vikram on her lap in the porch region and started massaging him. He giggled squealed and after a minute wailed. To my surprise Sitara reacted immediately, ''Dare you hurt him.'' Sitara's knife was on the throat of the lady next minute. Poor soul shivered in fear, shaking my head I touched her arm, ''He is fine.'' She nodded moving back. Rest of the time, Sitara kept encircling the lady like a hawk till she was done with her work.

I was being informed about the details of the evening function. The day going to be a big one, the Palace will come alive in evening today. I smiled brushing my palms over the beautiful fabric of the dress selected for me by granny. Its rich, elegant and would have cost a bomb. There also was a fine soft satin cloth of the would be successor. I tickled his tummy, ''You are getting too much attention.'' He giggled and I playfully blew his tummy, he squealed loudly as I brushed my nose against his. My long hair forming a curtain on either side of him. His small hands tried holding my face as I spoke to him of random things. I felt eyes on me , that made me react instantly. Veer stood leaning on the door with his arms crossed, watching me like a predator. I quickly turned my eyes away and as an instantaneous reaction, I tried fixing my already fixed clothes as his eyes makes me uncomfortable . He straightened and moved closer sending my heart in a mad rampage. He slid in slowly onto the bed moving his eyes to Vikram, ''Can I take him for few minutes.'' He asked and I just nodded. I decided To move away and just then I felt a pull on my scalp. My son happily held a fistful of my hair pullingbthem unknowingly. Cooing him, I tried opening his stubborn fist slowly to have the other fist grab some more. Veer watched the drama and then inserted his forefinger in Vikram's fist freeing my hair. With other hand, he pushed my hair back of my shoulder rather too slowly for my comfort, his palm caressing my head and then my back. That's it, I quickly jumped off to fall again with a sharp pain on my scalp. My hair were now stuck in his gold watch, ''Like father, like son'' I muttered under my breath. Veer waited for me to free them, jerk. Who asked him to touch me. I tried to pull them off the metal belt as soon as I could. But they seemed to be too comfortable being stuck there. I turned impatient. I was aware he was watching me, the same way he had been doing since he fell for me. But now I hate those eyes on me, it makes me feel cheap. I will never be able to forget his words; he compared me to a slut. My impatience grew into an anger and he felt that, he lifted his hand to help and that moment I pulled them harshly off his watch moving out quickly.

***

Evening I dressed royally and got my baby dressed too. I combed his hair, parting them on the left. He looked such a decent boy, ''Be a good boy all your life.'' He didn't reply, just kept making funny sounds. ''Fine, I understood. You want to be a bad one.''

''Don't say like that.'' My private dialogue was broken my Ananya's voice. She shook his hand playfully , pecking his cheek she said, ''tell mommy, you will be a good boy, but will wink and whistle at beautiful girls like me.'' And he responds. We laughed. ''Let's go. Its time.'' Ananya looked breathtaking in the Royal Queens outfit, well she did carry it like a queen