Chapter 17

Veer,

I felt dejected angry, the more I try to lighten the situation the more she gets annoyed. I haven't forgiven her, yet. But I want things to smoother between us, for the sake of Vikram. He needs us, as a family. Moreover, I am tired getting those accusing glances from everyone in my family. 

Turning towards her, I watched as she slept calmly on her side. She was facing me, breathing evenly and had curled her body up. Few strands lay across her face and moved by her breathing. Moving closer, I moved the strands away from her face. Her calmness calms me, she looks so beautiful not scrunching her nose or making faces at me, my palm cupped her face softly. A smile stretched on to my lips as she hummed a bit rubbing her soft cheek against my palm. I moved closer to feel her breath, I have been dying to hold her against my chest. 

I still remember our happy times when she would sleep her face buried in my chest and I would wake up in the middle of the night to  rubbing her face on my chest. I miss all of it, I miss her, I miss us. Don't know when will we be back together again. I heard a small sound which then turned into a wail. Vikram threw his arms and legs wailing loudly. My eyes turned to Deepika , she stirred but settled again. I just huffed, she must be worn out and this little young man keeps her up almost every night. Moving off the bed, I picked my son up moving to the small nursery next to our   room. Placing him on the changing table, I changed his diapers. He suddenly was all fine and calm, ''You had little more today , right.'' I tickled his tummy, he giggled. Lifting him up, I patted his back trying to put him to sleep, but he seemed all fresh and active. I face palmed and picked my son moving out of the suite. Talking to him about random stuff, I decided to take a stroll in garden for sometime. 

My Son, now is fully active is moving his head in every direction. Walking into the lawn, I was greeted by a vision that immediately bought smile to my face. Bhai sat there on one of the stone benches, with his legs stretched out on the stone table and head leaned back on the headrest. ''I suppose you have a suite at your disposal.''

He smiled rubbed his eyes and shifted making place for me, ''My wife is running high on hormones and I am not safe anywhere in that suite.'' We shared a laugh and then he asked, ''What brings you out at this hour that too with this handsome lad.'' He caressed Vikram's head lovingly and got a big smile in return.

''My son refuses to sleep and my wife refuses to wake up.'' Bhai watched me for a moment.

''It's good to hear My Son and My wife from your mouth. I hope things get settled between you two and soon.''

''I am trying bhai, but she puts no effort into making things cordial between us.'' I complained

''Veer, who is responsible for that. I understand your anger, but there is a way to express it. You locked her within the four walls of your Palace, leaving blood hounds at her trail. She has been treated like a captive whole of her life and you scratched those wounds hard.''

''I too was hurt. I still am.'' I replied

''Agreed, but fighting and blaming each other is doing no good to your relationship. It would have been better if you gave her a chance to explain herself and then vented your anger. That in a way would have calmed you both.'' Bhai explained.

''Her pain is self inflicted, she could have told me and I would have handled things.'' I spat

''May be or May be not. It took me 6 months to find that mole, what if Deepika would have done as said by you and lost you or any one of us. Think from her perspective too, she lived in constant fear of losing you and that made her take the drastic step.'' He turned quite, staring at the oblivion he added, ''And that was a brave step. It wasn't just about you. It was her grandmother's last wish, the only woman who loved Deepika, the woman who was being murdered painfully slow by her own son She wanted her lands to be free of evil, and as her grandchild Deepika kept the wish. Wouldn't you do the same if in her place?''