Chapter 16

Deepika,

I was ecstatic when Bhai permitted me to step into Ananya's shoes. I know they are too big for my feet. She had done an amazing job uplifting those broken females. I will try that I don't let her down. Quickly dressing up, I dressed up and dressed my baby up like a good boy. He kept sucking his lower lip making small sounds. Carrying him in my arms, I moved to the garden area where the Royal ladies were seated after the breakfast. ''Hello there little guy.''

Ananya greeted us in a chirpy voice. Mom extended her arms and I placed Vikram into them. He squealed happily being cuddled his granny's arms. ''Deepika, don't step out without your security  and also on your way. Do you understand.'' Granny commanded and I nodded. 

''And be on time. Answer our calls.'' Mom added. My eyes turned to Ananya, waiting for her to add. She smiled, ''Just rock it.'' Going on my knees, I hugged her. She is the sister cum friend I never had, she just knows how let someone fly. I asked her to be rest before taking my leave. 

Bhai had employed all together a new staff as my security. The one who heads it is Veer's childhood friend and chief security. I was annoyed to the core, for this guy Jagjit Veer is his master and he being with me means Veer's eyes following me every where. I am sure, this must be his suggestion. My thoughts were broken when I heard the click of the door, ''Princess''

I looked at him once and got in the vehicle, gritting my teeth.''Keep Calm, you can do this.'' I just reminded myself. I have got a big opportunity and I am not going to let it slip away from my hands. Ananya had done and amazing work and I have to live upto her expectations. She trusted me and I will do all to make her proud.

When I stepped into the building, I was awestruck. The NGO's I had seen had a very basic structure which were build to provide just shelter to lonely souls. But here it was all different, Ananya made sure the females and kids had a comfortable life within these walls. I was being greeted by many enthusiastic smiles. Jagjit pushed open the door, making way for me, ''If you need anything, I am outside.'' I nodded without sparing him a glance. I was aware about the projects Ananya had undertaken and I was thinking about how to add value to it. I went through the ongoing projects and then I started reading the suggested plans. Ananya was planning to promote handicrafts projects. Leaning on the chair I thought, this is the age of e commerce. We could plan one of our own and sell the products. Grinning wide at the thought, I patted myself and started going through the present requirements. I had a reason to come here, I wanted to do something for the ones being hurt by their own. I share a relationship of pain and if I could do anything for them, it would make me feel better.

After instructing the caretakers about the instructions for the day, I made my way to the exit. Jagjit pulled the door open and locked it after he got in the passenger seat next to driver, driving off. The distance between main Palace and NGO is a long one, no wonder everyone was so against Ananya travelling at this stage. The dusk had started falling in and I knew I was late. granny asked me to be early for Vikram. We passed through few villages and I smiled watching the passing scenarios   . 

The sudden application of breaks broke my thoughts. ''What's wrong?'' I asked 

''I will check Princess, please stay inside.'' I rolled my eyes at his words, but curiosity took over me. There was big crowd ahead, I got down and waled forward. The other guards surrounded me quickly. "Princess , please get in its dangerous.''

I ignored Jagjit and moved forwards. The crowd parted giving me the way. A middle age man was thrashing a teenage girl and the crowd stood watching doing nothing. The girl pleaded, begged , but it didn't had any effect on his brutal arms. He kept cursing her, thrashing her with a wooden stick. My breathing turned hard and anger started flowing in my veins. Taking a step forward I slapped the man hard. He stood shocked for a moment staring at me, picking the same stick I started hitting him mercilessly. There were gasps , whispers but I was deaf to all.When he pleaded my hands stopped, ''Get the girl treated and you, dare you hit her again.'' One glared at the mute crowd I walked back to my car. Leaning against it, trying to calm my anger,''You can let your Boss know I defied your instructions.'' I said when Jagjit extended the water bottle to me