Honest

Calvin's POV
"Baby girl I'll be back okay"
Where going she whimpered clutching my hand.I haven't left her alone since she was taken at the old house.She always went everywhere with me.
"Sh baby girl it's okay daddy just has business he needs to do"
I go daddy please she whimpered her fingers fisting my button down.
"Baby this is adult stuff"
"I be big girl then daddy please no leave by self"
"Baby I promise I'll only be a little bit"
"But daddy"Tears welled in her baby blues and I knew it would take longer to calm her down then to actually do what I needed.
"What if I call Caleb or Sammy"
No she yelled making me flinch she wasn't usually so loud.
"Baby girl daddy will be back"
"Daddy want to go too please"I sighed and ran my fingers through her hair softly.She tipped her head back slowly and she was distracted momentarily.I sent Caleb a quick text asking him to just pick up the surprise for me knowing Lana wouldn't give up easily.She had easily picked up a stubborn side.
"Hm baby girl should we watch Mickey and Minne"She nodded slowly and I laid back on the couch as she laid on my chest.I rubbed her back slowly and she giggled and sang along to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song.
"Do you like this show baby girl"
Favoriest show daddy she murmured.
"Yeah it is a good show"She sucked softly on her thumb and I replaced it with her paci.I watched it bob for a couple seconds before wrapping my arms tightly around Lana.She dozed off and I carried her upstairs to our room.I tucked her in and I could here Katrina walking in.I shut our door quietly and walked downstairs.
"Good morning Calvin..sorry I'm late"
"It's okay Katrina"
"Lunch"
"I can make something"
"Calvin sweetheart you pay me to cook let me do it"
"Alright I'll take a blt"
"Okay"I watched her cook and she looked up at me.
"Something bothering you honey"
"Lana brought up marriage yesterday"
"Don't you feel the same way as she does"
"Of course"
"Are you not ready"
"Well I mean Lana's young only 19 and you know my mother"
"Honey listen to me..your happy right"
"Of course more than anything"
"Then your mother should approve because your happy..And how could you not like Lana she's an angel"
"I know she is but you know she doesn't approve of my life style choice business and personal"
"Calvin honey she comes around once a year"
"She doesn't even know about Lana"
"You haven't told her"
"No because I know Lana will get upset if she doesn't approve of us"
"Does Lana know about her"
"No and I haven't planned on it"She placed my blt in front of me and I groaned when she gave me the look.
"Fine I'll see if Lana wants to meet her"
"Good do the right thing honey I raised you better"
"I know"She kisses my forehead and left to get groceries.
Daddy a small voice whispered.I stayed quiet and she sat at the island stool next to me.
"How was your nap"
"Um okay I guess what was Katrina talking about"
I guess now is a good time..we were talking about my mother I muttered.She looked at me funny like she didn't hear me and then her face went pale.
Sammy said she's mean she whispered quietly.
"When did Sammy say that"
"When you went away daddy"
"Well she's not the most pleasant person"
Sammy said she came over that night..when you wouldn't tell me who was at the door she mumbled and I stayed quiet.
Are yo-you ashamed of me Lana mumbled and my eyes snapped up to meet her baby blues that had tears streaming out of.
"Baby girl no of course not..I could never be ashamed of you.I love you with everything I have you know that"
She won't approve will she she mumbled and I let my head hang a little.
Thought so she mumbled and got off the island stool.
"Where are you going"
"Just upstairs"I nodded and listened to her small feet climb the steps.I watched her playroom door close and I sighed.
Christ I grunted throwing the sandwich away and throwing the dish in the sink causing it to break.
Fuck me I cursed loudly and cleaned up the mess.I got myself some whiskey and took a swallow.
Didn't go well Katrina murmured.I turned and seen her brow raised to me.
"It went fine I'm gonna go for a run on the treadmill if Lana needs me"
"She'll be okay Calvin"
"I know"
**
Lana's POV
Baby girl he murmured and I stayed quiet petting Teddy and Nala.
"Baby daddy's sorry but you have to understand why daddy doesn't want you to meet her"I turned to him and I seen his eyes were bloodshot.It was 3 in the morning I ended up making a blanket fort in my princess room and must of dozed off.He sat at the opening and I whimpered.It broke my heart to see him sad.I've only seen daddy upset like that once and I don't ever want to repeat it.
FLASHBACK
Daddy no it's bad you no see I whimpered trying to swat his hands away from my clothes.
"Baby you have to take a bath it's been three days since you last took one"He sighed and I bit my bottom lip.
Going to make daddy upset I mumbled tears forming in my eyes.
"Baby girl it's okay daddy won't be upset with you it wasn't your fault"
"Promise daddy"
"I promise baby girl"I slid out of my leggings and he bit his lip harshly his eyes darkening.My legs were covered in dark black and blue bruises.I slid my underwear down and pulled up my shirt.
Oh baby girl he whispered and I looked down.I looked up when I heard him sniffle.
Daddy I whimpered hugging him.He hugged me carefully and I felt his tears drip onto my skin.
"Don't cry daddy you saved me"
"You should of never been in danger"
"Daddy it's okay please"
"Baby it's not okay you were so dehydrated and malnourished you were lucky you weren't dead"
"Daddy I love you please stop"
"I love you too baby girl..I'll let you take your bath"
"Daddy don't go please"
"Daddy just needs a couple minutes baby I'll come back I promise"
Yes daddy I whispered sadly.I hurt him by letting him see them.He can't stand to see me in pain and that's what he sees.
END OF FLASHBACK
Daddy please no sad I whispered caressing his cheek.He kissed my hand and pulled me into his lap.
"Daddy needs to tell you something okay and it's serious"
"Okay daddy I'm listening"
"You know how when we go out in public baby and daddy makes you call him by his name"
"Yes daddy"
"If you were to meet my mother you wouldn't be able to be little..she doesn't approve of daddy's lifestyle and wouldn't approve of the one we made together"
"Why daddy"
"Because she doesn't like ddlg baby girl she doesn't want to understand it so she thinks it's unholy"
"Daddy we aren't doing anything wrong are we"
"No baby of course not.Do you understand that most people don't understand ddlg"
"Yes daddy I know"
"Well that's how my mother is she doesn't understand so she immediately tries to separate us"
Daddy we no separate..can't live without you again Lana whispered tracing my tattoos.
"Baby girl daddy can't live without you either so either my mom approves or disapproves I don't care I want you and only you"
"I want you too daddy always"
"I love you baby"
"I love you too daddy"He smiled softly kissing my forehead and reaching in for my blanket and teddy.
"Come on back in our bed little lady daddy can't sleep without you"
"Can't sleep without daddy's snores"
"I don't snore"
Do too daddy I whispered.
"Okay fine maybe a little"
Lots I whispered before snuggling into him and falling back asleep.