part 2

Cuphead's POV

A mischievous grin spread across her face and she grabbed my collar suddenly, pulling me into a harsh and forceful kiss. "Hey!" I yelled furiously, pushing away in disgust and wiping my mouth to rid myself of the disgusting feeling.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, if you don't comply then I'll get my friends to hurt that Bendy guy you care about."

Rage bubbled up inside me and I snarled at her makeup smothered face. "You wouldn't dare." My tone had an edge of warning to it but she ignored my threat, smirking instead. "If you hurt me then I'll tell him all about your crush and he'll hate you. So which will it be?"

I frowned, very pissed off, but eventually sighed giving in to her. "Ok fine. Just leave him alone." She smiled and linked our arms together with a smile, as if she hadn't just threatened me. "Great! You can walk me home then boyfriend." Ugh, that word was painful to listen to but I ignored it and plastered on a smile, walking this bitch home so I could get on with my life.

We arrived at the house I assumed she was staying in, a posh white house on the end of the road with a well kept garden. "Thanks Cuppy! I'll see you tomorrow at school ok?" I knew I didn't have a choice in the matter so I just nodded and waved as she walked inside, immediately groaning when she was out of sight.

Why do bad things always happen to me? My thoughts travelled to my leg that had begun to throb when we were walking. It never did heal properly after our last adventure and very now and then it became a nuisance. I'd gotten used to it by now though.

Once at my house I plopped onto my bed, sighing in bliss as I relaxed into the soft mattress.

I wasn't sure when I fell asleep but I knew I had when Mugs called out "I'm back" from downstairs, waking me up from my seamless nap. There was a soft thumping of footsteps before the door to my bedroom burst open and in came Mugs.

"Heya Cuphead, did you get home fine? No problems?" I nodded and set my leg into a more comfortable position carefully, only glancing at the small cracks visible that would never heal.

I patted the now empty space next to me and my brother sat down, shaking the bed as he bounced slightly. "Did ya have fun?" I asked, a smile forming as he began to chat about what had been doing and how much fun they'd all had. "That's cool, I'd love to talk some more but I've gotta make dinner and then get to work. Would you like to help?"

I was referring to the dinner obviously and Mugs jumped at the chance of cooking with me. "Yeah, sure! What are we making?"

We went downstairs and I pulled out the ingredients. "Spaghetti." I swear I saw stars in his eyes as he yelled happily and we made dinner together. It was nice honestly, just being with my brother with nothing to worry about.

Once we were done I set a plate out on the table, giving Mugs a large portion of the steaming food. "...aren't you eating with me tonight?" He already knew the answer and his smile faded. "Sorry bro, I need to go to work or I'll be late. I'll eat with you another night, promise."

He nodded sadly and I sighed, wishing I could stay but leaving for my job anyway. We needed the money. I left after getting changed into my usual uniform and arriving on time at the night club. "hellllo Cupheadddd~" a drunken employee sung, wrapping his arms round me in a sloppy manor. "ughh, get off me Antonio! you shouldn't get drunk when you're working."

he smiled lazily and flung his arms round wildly. "oh shudup! watz the point in working here if you're not gonna get drunk?" I cringed at the smell of alcohol in is breath and moved away from him towards the bar where I worked. Unfortunately he followed and pestered me whilst I was taking orders.

"Go away! You're distracting me." He growled and grabbed my arm tightly, a sudden serious expression on his face. "Shut up." I stayed deadly still, afraid of what would be happened if I said anything and he let go, giving me a kiss to the lips before leaving.

I wiped my mouth and turned back to work, forgetting about that would be pointless, he does it every time he gets drunk which is almost twice a week.

"You coming to my place after?" He said/ demanded once I'd finished my shift and was gathering my things.

"I can't, I've got school tomorrow." It was just an excuse, he knew that but didn't question it. "Well then Saturday, 7:00 pm. Don't be late." I nodded and walked out, happy to be away from him and that night club.

The chilly air of he night made me shiver and wrap my coat around me tighter, it sure was creepy out here at night. But hey, I can't complain. At least I have a job.

Relieved, I stepped in the house, relaxing in the heat. Mugs should've been asleep by now so I tiptoed up the stairs quietly and made it to my room, not bothering with eating dinner. I wasn't hungry anyway.

My bed literally felt like a fortress of pillows, a safe, warm throne of blankets and a sigh of content escaped my lips, I'd fallen asleep before I'd even realised it.

*beep beep beep beep be-* I slammed a hand down on my alarm clock so hard that it broke and stopped it's wretched noise. I sat up with a groan and tiredly swung my legs over the edge of the bed, yawning as I did so.

What a pain. "Good morning bro!" Mugs said with a smile as he jumped into my room, energetic as always. "Are you ready to get breakfast?" I nodded and stood up. "Yep, let's go." He bounded out the room and I followed slowly after him.

There was silence at the table while we were eating until Mugs gave a devious grin. "When are you gonna tell him?" My face flared up with a blush and I pulled my hood over my eyes. "S-shut up." Another normal start to another normal day.