Part 8

Cupheads POV

I continued running till I was far away, making it to my house and into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me and taking many deep breaths. Still struggling to get my breathing under control. Tears were streaming down my face and my chest was heaving, shuddering with the cold and fear.

Bendy. Where was Bendy? I looked around the room frantically then once realising he wasn't there I looked around the house, panic settling in. I don't care if I get hurt, I don't care if I died. I just want Bendy to be safe and to do that I would need to find him.

I took one last deep breath to calm down. It's fine. He doesn't know about Antonio and he's safe for now. I just need to find out where he is. I pulled out my phone, scrolling down to his name and and sending a quick text in hopes of a reply.

Me; Bendy? Where are you rn?

I kept staring at the screen for five minutes before sending another one, thoughts of Antonio still on my mind.

Me; please reply, this is important.

There was still no replies so I hit the call button, waiting for it to ring. There was the sound of a phone ringing echoing through the house and I followed the noise swiftly, finding Bendys ringing phone in my bedroom, where he had been staying.

I knocked hastily on my brothers room, asking both of them where Bendy went only to find that they didn't know. He hadn't told them he was going out and he hadn't taken his phone. Both of those actions sent alarm bells ringing in my head. I got changed into more appropriate clothing, realising I was still in the other outfit Antonio had bought for me before leaving with my phone in hand.

Looking around the shops and park for Bendy, the only two places he might have been, I found nothing. Ending up cold and alone on a bench in the park I buried my face into my hands, aware that I might have been over-reacting but staying paranoid all the same.

More tears filled my eyes and I wiped them hastily. Why can't things ever go my way? Why do I always end up getting the people I care about most hurt?

I buried my face into my knees, wishing all my problems would just disappear as it grew darker. The wind was howling harshly against my face causing my tears to sting against my cheeks. There was a small crunch of leaves behind me and I turned sharply, heart racing at the sudden noise.

After having my eyes trained on the same unmoving spot for a minute I concluded that the noise was some animal or possibly the wind and turned back around, building up my own metaphorical bubble around myself to block out the world.

There was a few more minutes of disturbing silence, the only noise made by my shaky breaths when something hit my over the back of the head harshly. The sudden force causing me to drop to the ground, black overtaking my vision. 

When I woke up my body felt unusually heavy, head pounding with a headache and limbs cramped. I tried to adjust to the dark lighting but eventually gave up, moving to stand when my hands were restrained by the thick ropes around my wrists and ankles.

Suddenly panicked and alarmed I called out, squirming as the rope dug into my arms. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

The chair I was sitting in was moving and I stopped wiggling around in case of it falling over, choosing to just try and wiggle my hands free. About five minutes later the cold was settling into my body, making me shake and causing the ropes to rub against my sore wrists even more.

"Hello?" I called out again into the darkness, tears beginning to form at my eyes. I felt my phone in my pocket and desperately wished I could hold it, slamming my back against the back of the chair in frustration. "C-cuphead?" My head snapped up towards the sound of my name, squinting in vain through the darkness to see who had spoken the quiet words. I was hoping and praying that it wasn't Bendy yet I also wanted it to be him at the same time. I wanted to know if he was safe.

Not that being here was really what you'd call safe.

"Bendy? Is that you." There was a sigh of relief from somewhere in front of me, to far for me to be able to touch. "Oh my goodness I was so worried. I just woke up here after getting knocked out at the park." I looked at where I assumed him to be, voicing my thoughts. "What? Why were you at the park?"

There was a long an uncomfortable silence, one that made me go rigid with anticipation and concern until he finally responded, having drawn the awkwardness out long enough.

"I... I followed you. I know about you and that other guy. I can't... I can't believe you would cheat on me!" I could hear the pain and betrayal in his voice, his emotional pain causing a large amount of my own tears to fall. "It's not like that Bendy! I love you, really I do! I just didn't want him to hurt you. I even failed at that and managed to hurt you aswell. I'm so sorry."

I cursed angrily at myself, realising that I should have told the truth from the beginning. We wouldn't be in this mess if I wasn't such a screwup. He didn't respond to me and I didn't bother talking again. He didn't and never would need or want me. Why cause him to be more upset than he already was? I didn't deserve him anyway.

There was a sudden burst of light accompanied with the sound of a door opening, the light so sudden and blinding that I had to temporarily close my eyes. When I opened them again I was squinting though a doorway at a figure. One I recognised straight away. A person that made me growl in defence.

"Hey Babe. Did ya' miss me?"