Part 12

Cuphead's POV

The next morning I woke up feeling warm all over, a comforting hand entwined with mine while my other arm was wrapped around Bendy's waist. A smile found its way to my face and I shuffled closer, almost giggling when his tail moved in his sleep, brushing against my leg softly and tickling me slightly.

If I could have I would've stayed like this forever, a cocoon of plush blankets and comfort.

Carefully, I moved so I was on my back rather than on my side, vaguely noticing the steam of iridescent light flowing in through the window and illuminating the room in a soft orange glow.

The bundle next to me shuffled and made a noise of disagreement as he woke up, waiting a few seconds before opening his eyes and shuffling so he too was on his back. "Mornin' Bends," I said quietly, turning to face him and smiling at the sight of his sleepy face, rubbing his eyes with an adorable yawn followed by a stretch.

"Wa' time is it?" I could still hear the lull of sleep calling in his voice as he drowsily spoke and I couldn't help but smile, eyes trained on him as my chest swelled with adoration. "I dunno, but it's not that early, we can probably sleep in for a few more hours though. We did get back pretty late last night."

He nodded, pulling the covers back up and getting into a comfortable position. "Great. Wake me up when it's lunchtime then." His eyes closed and I nodded despite knowing he couldn't see it, taking a hand and running it through my hair. "Okay. Will do."

It wasn't long before he was asleep again.

I didn't bother going back to sleep and instead looked over at the clock, taking my eyes away from the stunning guy in front of me to see that it was about half-past 11 in the morning.

The next few hours passed by slowly but contently, that same warmth making me feel light and happy. At some point I could hear Mugs and Boris waking up, making a racket as they went downstairs to probably use the TV.

It wasn't till half 1 when Mugs knocked on the door asking about lunch that I woke Bendy up, shaking him gently and calling his name. He woke up rather quickly compared to last time, but his eyes were still tired as I gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "C'mon lazy butt, let's go get lunch before Mugs decides to cook something himself and ends up burning down the house."

From outside the room, I heard my brother shout "HEY! I can cook!" and I laughed, slipping out of the warm covers and expositing my bare feet to the chilling floor. Bendy, on the other hand, didn't move. "Nuuuu It's so warm here." I laughed and waited as he dragged himself out of bed, taking the duvet with him and looking like a burrito.

"Okay. We can go now." I laughed again at the sight, small chuckles coming out at how ridiculously smol and precious he looked, bed hair sticking out in all directions. "If you're cold, you can wear my dressing gown." I offered and he slowly emerged from the blanket, slipping into my dressing gown that was far too big on him but still looked absolutely adorable.

"Carry me." I rolled my eyes fondly at his whine, scooping him up easily bridle style and carrying him downstairs before placing a gentle kiss to his lips and depositing him in one of the chairs in the kitchen.

Mugs and Boris then walked in together, holding hands and smiling as they sat down. "So what am I making y'all anyway?"

"Bacon sandwich!" Mugs called out while Bendy mumbled out something about "pancakes" as Boris simultaneously mentioned, "scrambled eggs on toast, please." There was a silence as they all looked at each other, Bendy now more awake as he sat up properly and eyed the others.

The stare-off of silence only lasted a second before they were arguing about what they were going to have and I chuckled at the sight, leaning back on the cupboard behind me to wait for them to decide.

"But pancakes are better!" I heard Bendy yell over Mug's own, "Everyone loves bacon!" in response to Boris' complaint about how he hasn't had scrambled eggs in ages due to Bendy's terrible cooking skills.

I waited for a few more seconds before suddenly Bendy snapped up, pointing a finger at me as if he'd just figured out the most important thing in existence. "Hey wait! You have to do whatever I say today!"

There was a small silence as both Boris and Mugs looked on, pouting like children. "So that means you have to make pancakes cause I say so!" He continued on and I smiled, getting out the ingredients I'd need while also groaning on the inside that he'd remembered that. I was hoping that he'd forgotten.

"Okay, pancakes it is." I turned my attention back to the other two, "Sorry guys, I'll make sure that we'll have what you want next time."

Bendy beamed in triumph and I pulled my phone out, clicking on my playlist and smiling as music filled the room, foot-tapping in time to the rhythm. I'd only just started on the batter when Boris and Mugs left the kitchen, saying that they were gonna go play games while they waited and to call them when it was done.

I was about halfway through making the batter when I felt bendy snake his arms around my waist, leaning into me from behind. "As much as I love your hugs I think it might be a little difficult to move around with you attached to me like a koala," I mentioned, looking behind me at him with endearment and adoration in my voice.

"But now I'm comfy and you have to do whatever I say so I want you to cook with me here." I shook my head with a chuckle, seeing his tail swish slightly to the beat of the music. "Okay, sure but don't get used to it cause after today I'll be a free man." He sniggered at that and the rest of the time cooking was spent with him attached to me, which I didn't mind in all honesty. It was nice to have him there beside me, especially since every so often he'd sneak in little kisses as I worked.

By the time I was finished I called the others back into the kitchen and they practically drooled at the piles of pancakes on their plates. They were quick to sit down and smother them in syrup before shoving a fork full into their mouths.

"Did ya skip breakfast? You're acting like starved animals or something." Mugs just nodded with a delighted look as he shoved another bite into his mouth.

Bendy was smiling from beside me and I looked at him. "What're you smiling about?" To which he only grinned harder.

"I'm just thinking about all the stuff I'm gonna get you to do today."

I groaned at his devious grin, face-palming and cursing my yesterday's self for making me go through this.

(Okay, so the next chapter is actually going to be where the weird shit starts.

If you want your idea in the chapter then tell me what it is (no matter how weird it might be) and I'll either put it in the next chapter or the one after that depending on how long I'm going to make it.

If anyone's already sent an idea on the last chapter then don't worry, I've seen it and I'll add it in the next chapter! Hope you enjoyed this one.)