part 3

Bendy's POV

School started as usual but something about Cuphead felt off, he was avoiding me and every time we talked he seemed nervous, hesitant about something.

It hurt to be ignored by my best friend and my first crush.

Finally I managed to catch up to him, grabbing his arm before he could walk off.

"Did I do something wrong?" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a confused expression. "What?" I sighed in frustration and repeated myself clearer.

"You're ignoring me. Did I do something wrong?" He remained completely still with a blank expression for a second before (after what felt like an eternity) he replied.

"No... It's not you, i- I need to tell you something..." He was clearly nervous and I wanted to make him feel better. "It's ok, you can tell me anything." He took a deep breath, shaking from anxiety until he finally managed to talk.

"I-i um w-well I..." His words got caught in his throat and he looked away, a blush evident on his face.

I was about to say something when he turned back grabbing my cheek gently and kissing me on the lips. When he pulled back I was in a daze, shock paralysing me and glueing my mouth shut. Before my mind could even comprehend what had happened Cuphead backed away yelling out "ok bye" With a high pitched voice before turning and running, cursing loudly and calling himself stupid a bunch of times. What... Just... Happened???

...

OMG HE JUST KISSED ME!

I was at a complete loss of words as I replayed the scene over in my head, wondering if he really meant it. What if it was just a dare!?

I freaked out for a few minuets, wondering what would happen now. How will I confront him? What will I say? I frowned and rubbed my arms nervously, thinking of the worst possible situations.

Despite all the negativity going on in my mind I still touched my lips subconsciously and smiled.

Cuphead's POV 

I ran off as soon as I'd kissed him, shouting profanities at myself and panicking. How could I?! Omg he probably hates me now, we'll never be friends again! I forgot about school and ran straight home, tears that I was unable to hold in pouring down my face and dripping onto the floor below me.

I slammed the door shut once I was home and went to my bed, wrapping myself in blankets and blocking myself off from the outside world completely. My chest was tight with emotional pain and I continued to cry silent tears for what felt like hours until I finally fell asleep.

When I woke up it was dark outside, I only knew because I could see from my position on my bed, there was no way I was leaving. It didn't want to face Bendy or anyone just yet.

"What have I done?" I whispered out, causing a new set of tears to well up in my eyes. "I'm such an idiot." I wiped my runny noise and shifted slightly, adjusting my position so I wouldn't get cramps.

There was a sudden knock at my bedroom door and I brushed away my tears, sinking further into the covers before saying "Come in." Mugs opened the door and looked over to me, his smile fading into a concerned frown as he approached me carefully and sat the side of my bed, slowly pulling me into a comforting hug.

His arms wrapped around me gently and I began to cry again, holding onto him as he rubbed circles in my back.

"It's ok, it's ok" He let go of me slightly once I'd calmed down but still had an arm rested on my back. "Are you ok now?" I nodded and wiped my eyes again, upset at the excessive amount of tears I'd made today. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head dismisivly, not trusting my voice. "I just want to help you, you can't stay in here forever."

He waited for a while and I guessed that I was meant to say something, so I did, however my voice came out raspy from all the crying I'd done and it was sore due to dehydration but I managed to talk.

"I-I k-kissed Bendy."

Guilt and shame crashed down on me again as I thought about how I'd probably ruined our friendship forever, he's going to hate me. "It's ok Cups, it'll be find. I'm sure he feels the same way, what did he say?" I looked up at him and wiped my eyes again. "He didn't say anything, I ran off before he could." I addmited, wondering if I could've handled the situation better. I was just so scared of what he might say.

"Well then talk to him, I'm sure you two can work things out. You have been best friends with him for almost two years, he'll understand."

I thought about it and nodded, feeling better and more confident. I was going to talk to him and sort this all out, no more running away from my problems. "Ok! I'm gonna do it." I looked over at the clock and read the time. "... tomorrow." Mugs chuckled and ruffled my hair as he stood up making me pout.

"Hey, that's my job." He laughed and walked towards the door. "Nah, I'm the big brother now. " and with that he stuck his don't out playfully before darting out the room. "Catch me if you can." I shot up out of bed and chased after him with a smile.

That's the great thing about family, they're always there for you. No matter what.

Once I'd chased him to the kitchen I managed to trap him from behind, making him sqeal in surprise. With him helpless in my grasp I began to tickle him, causing him to squirm and laugh histericaly. "Hahahha s-stoopp hahah." When I let go he was out of breath and giddy from all the laughing.

"Now who's the big brother, huh? That's right, me." "I'll win next time, you only won because you're bigger." I laughed and sat down, tired from the sudden change.

"Don't you have work today?" He said suddenly, I looked back at the clock and gasped.

"Shit."