Part 6

Cupheads POV

My eyes opened slowly and I yawned, stretching out my limbs and pulling the covers back on slightly. Bendy was still fast asleep next to me, snoring softly with a cute smile on his face.

I reached out my hand and felt around the table next to me to find my phone, fingers brushing against the smooth surface as I unlocked it. The screen lit up the dull room, causing me to wince slightly at the sudden light until my eyes adjusted to reveal I had a few new messages from.... Antonio. I rolled my eyes and sighed unhappily as I looked at the texts, not wanting to ignore or anger him.

8:35
Asshole; Don't forget about the party tonight babe.

9:23
Asshole; are you awake? You better not be ignoring me.

9:45
Asshole; and wear something revealing by the way, I want to see how sexy you are. ^-^

I checked the time with heavy eyes, realising that I had slept in and it was now 10:30

I stood up and shivered at the sudden chill, pondering going back into bed for a second but ultimately deciding against it as I thought about the time, I would probably have to make Mugs and Boris breakfast... lunch? Brunch. 

The lights were on downstairs and there was the familiar sound of the TV from the living room. I walked in to see Mugs and Boris playing a game, laughing and smiling. "G'morning you two." Mugs jumped with a yelp, startled by my sudden intrusion. "Cuphead! Don't scare me like that!" Boris laughed slightly and I smiled, looking down at the two on the floor. "Sorry bro, I wasn't actually trying to be sneaky or anything. I just came to ask you if you'd had breakfast yet."

He shook his head, pausing the game to look at me. "No, I was going to wait for you to get up." I smirked and leaned against the doorframe. "Why? So I could make you two food." He nodded happily and I chuckled. "Sure, what do you want for brunch."

"Can I have a bacon toasty please?" He smiled when I said I would and turned to Boris. "What about you?" "The same please." I nodded and turned around sharply, regretting it when a throbbing pain spiked up my leg. "I'll call you when they're done." They called out a thanks as I left, clenching my teeth slightly as I moved to the kitchen.

With slightly stiff footing I got the ingredients, hands working on muscle memory as they traveled around the room. I pulled my phone from my pocket and pressed my playlist, smiling as Nicotine came on.

The pain in my leg ebbed away and I danced slightly around the kitchen, movements in time with the music as I sang along. Slightly lost in the beat I hadn't even realised I was singing until I heard small giggles coming from behind me. Almost immediately I stopped singing, looking over to see Mugs and Boris in the doorway. Mugs was holding his phone, the recording light flashing.

"Mugs!" My cheeks heated up in embarrassment and I covered my flushed face, groaning. "If you show that to anyone I swear I'll murder the both of you." They laughed again and I turned away, turning the music off and continuing to cook the food.

"Awww don't stop, I thought you were great." I waved a hand dismissively, using the other to grab a knife. "If you want music put your own on." Another voice interupted our conversation, a small trace of tiredness left in it. "Mmmm, what's that smell? Whatever it is it smells delicious." Bendy's voice sounded dazed and slightly dry, a small yawn following afterwards.

"Mornin' Bendy." The other two said their own greetings and Bendys walked over to me, wrapping his hands around my waist from behind. "The bed was cold without you." He whined, standing up on his tipy toes to give me a quick peck on the cheek. "Sorry, I did make everyone breakfast though." He smiled warmly at me and I grabbed out three plates, putting the bacon toasty's down on the table while everyone sat up.

"Thanks bro! This looks so tasty." Boris nodded in agreement, taking large bites with vigour. "Yeah this is great!" I sat down next to Bendy and reasted my arm on the table, leaning on one hand. "Aren't you having anything?" Bendy asked, tilting his head slightly.

I shook my head a little, wincing as the hand I was leaning on became numb. "Nah, I don't usually eat breakfast."

Bendy looked at me, concerned. "But it's late, do you not have lunch either?" I felt slightly embarrised at having to explain myself, not wanting to admit that I did in fact skip both meals. "Cuphead's never had a big appetite. Even when we were kids."

Bendy nodded, accepting the answer and going back to eat his food while I looked back at my phone and sighed at the messages from Antonio. I didn't want to anwer but at the same time I didn't want to cause unnecessary hassle, choosing to just send a quick response.

Me; sure, I'll see you tonight.

I put the phone down next to me, slamming my head down on the table with a groan. What I wouldn't give to get him to leave me alone.

Bendy's POV

Cuphead set his phone down next to him, forgetting to turn it off as he buried his face into the table, groaning about something.

"What's wrong?" I asked, peering over his head to see one single message. 'Sure I'll see you tonight.' Was that what he was upset about? Or was he- my thoughts were cut off by his response to the question I'd forgotten I had asked.

"Yeah, I've just got a headache." I stayed silent, worried that he was lying to me to cover something up. But what would he hide from me? Concerns and worry's overflowed my head and I considered asking him about it.

He might lie though. I could always just follow him. Despite not wanting to betray his trust I decided that I would follow him if he left, just to be sure.

There was no harm in that, right?

(Sorry if there is any spelling mistakes, my spelling is really bad, if you enjoyed please comment or vote.)