Chapter Two

Picture of Jimmy on the side--->

Chapter Two

MOVING DAY:

"Finally." I grunted as I threw my last and final suitcase to the ground by the front door. My mother was screaming incoherent words at me, like, "Claire! Come wash the dog!" Yeah... we don't have a dog... My father was packing all of our things and Jimmy was taking a last minute shower.

So I wandered into the kitchen and grabbed a snack to take on our trip, settling with goldfish. My mom marched in with a bag, but unlike me, she filled her bag with different types of snacks. I always question how she is so damned skinny! 

"Claire, honey. Would you be a doll and take this to the car. Up front by me." My mom gave me her prize winning smile. A smile that no one could ever say no to. I nodded and headed to the Volvo where my father was freaking out and trying to get everything to fit. He was yelling at the car to make more room.

I swear... My family is psycho...

I dropped the bag of treats in the front and then saw the mailman pull up. Since my dad was far too busy organizing, I decided to go see what was in the mail today. The mailman saw me coming so instead of putting it in the mailbox, he just handed them to me. I shuffled through the envelops. Bills, bills, bills, colleges, colleges. Then London. I felt my mouth fall open when I saw it was from the address I mailed a few days ago. 

My father came over and took the rest of the mail away but I kept my hold on my letter as I leaned against the Volvo and tear the envelope open. I pulled out the piece of paper. It was folded perfectly. Extremely perfectly.

'Dear Someone,

You have no idea how much of a smile your letter brought to my face.

I think it is an awesome idea how your teacher assigned you to write me.

I am a boy, 18 and I really hope that doesn't keep you from writing me.

Let me guess your age. You cannot be any younger than fifteen. Your writing is too beautiful and well-written. 

You cannot be older than twenty seven because you most likely wouldn't have a teacher. And since Summer is here, most college students would be out of school by now. So. You are 15-18. Am I close?

London is gorgeous here. You will love it.

Kisses,

Somebody.'

I smiled widely. It was crazy as to how close he was with my age. I am seventeen. It was kind of scary actually. But with that, I had to rush into the house, grab a piece of paper and then write to him.

'Dear, Somebody

I'm glad you enjoyed my letter.

And yes, you're extremely close. I'm 17. I just graduated high school.

I cannot wait to see London. It will be extremely interesting.

I'm going to college there as a dancer.

Oh, and here is the new address if where I will be staying. So just mail me there.

Thank you so much for writing me back. But I have to go. I'm moving right now :P