Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I skipped down the street, tugging my unwilling brother with me. He groaned as I pulled him into a dress store and shoved him to a the Tuxedo section. Our cousin was getting married in a few weeks and we were both part of the bridal party. They live here in London, which was another reason as to why we moved here to London for the summer.

Since my dress was already ordered and bought for, I just had to give them my name and I was so excited to see my dress for the first time. The woman at the desk looked cranky so she demanded my name and I was quick to give it to her, grimacing at her attitude. She grumbled something as she left and then came back with a dress bag. She thrust it into my hands and I growled out a "thank you" as I turned and accompanied Jimmy's tux fitting.

Jimmy looked completely lost. Rolling my eyes, I set my dress down and went to grab a black tux and held it out to him. He glanced at it before he put it on. I watched as it was a tad small. So I gave him a size bigger and he nodded in approval. He hugged me and then went to pay for it.

I laughed when he had the same reaction with the snappy cashier woman as I did. He looked over at me with wide eyes as he mouthed "holy mother!" I couldn't help the laughter that burst from my lips. He smiled, paid and then hurried over to grab my hand, leading me out of the store. "Well, she was pleasant." I I doubled over and braced my knees to kept me from falling over.

"She's. Such. A. Bitch." I managed between laughing fits. Jimmy chuckled and lead us to a small cafe, planning to buy us lunch. I was happy with the idea, ordered a simple tuna sandwich and lemonade. Then I sat at a table and waited for the food to be delivered. Jimmy was texting his girlfriend, Roslyn. 

I decided to text Sammy. 

From Claire: Hey girl! How are you?! I miss you!

I set my phone on the table and watched Jimmy with an amused look when he grinned widely. Then he frowned and glared at his phone. I chuckled and reached over pat his hand. He glanced up at me. "Roslyn is in another fight with her father." I frowned also. Her father was a royal jerk. Their fights consisted of shouting and slapping. From him. I definitely was not a fan of abusive parents. Not in the slightest. 

"How's she holding up?" I asked and the food was placed in front of us. Jimmy shrugged and took a bite of his hamburger. Typical guy. 

"She'll be fine. She always is." I stared at him for a while, wishing he was a little more protective of his girlfriend. Like the way he is with me. I mean, I get it. It's totally different. I'm his sister, it comes naturally for him to be protective of me. But I want some of that trait to be portrayed towards Roslyn.

My phone buzzed and I looked to see a text from Sammy: OMG! IT'S YOU! AM I DREAMING?! How is London?! And I'm terrible! I don't have my Claire Bear.

I laughed and shook my head, responding: I'm sorry, Sammie Sosa. London is beautiful. I got my bridesmaid dress. I'm nervous to see what it looks like.

Jimmy leaved over, grabbed my sandwich and took a bite of it. I looked up at him through my eyelashes, arching an eyebrow. "May I help you?"  I asked. He smiled and placed my sandwich back down. I took a bite and leaned back in my seat, taking my food with me.

"That's yummy! Give me more." He reached for it but I swatted his hand away.

"Eat your burger!" I growled out. He looked down at his empty plate and then back at me. "Well, I'm sorry you have your stomach is an endless pit! But stay clear of my sandwich or I'll bite your hand off and feet that to you." Jimmy frowned and pouted.

"No need to be so vicious." I giggled and gave him the rest of my foot, growing full. The expression on his face was adorable and I wish I had my camera to snap a picture. He looked like a little kid being given ice cream.