Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The next day, Jimmy had me in my car and we were driving to the London Eye, just like he promised. I was actually excited to go on it. Just the fact that Somebody told me to go on it... and now I was, it made me feel like I was doing this for him. A complete stranger. And it also made me feel a little bit closer to him. Though I don't even know what he looks like. 

When we got to the London Eye I was amazed at how beautiful it was. It was extremely high up and I began to get nervous. I was extremely afraid of heights. I hated them. But the fact of how beautiful London was and how high up you got, it won me over. 

So we parked the car and headed over to the famous tourist attraction, my mouth dropping open at how many people were filed into one observation room. I gulped and watched as Jimmy paid the guy and we waited in line to be up next for the ride. 

I read facts about the London Eye on my phone while we waited. Apparently the London Eye is not called a faris wheel but an observation attraction. Also, you can see up to 40 kilometers from all directions when you're in the observation area. 

Jimmy was texting Roslyn as always, getting completely tied up with her and her father situation that he didn't even notice that it was our turn to go on the ride. I yanked the phone out of his grip and sent him an evil glare.

"Time to get on." I told him. He looked around and then nodded, walking in after me. 

 When we stepped into the egg shaped compartment, I went to the railing, squeezing over as people filed in. Jimmy stood right next to me, keeping people off of me. Then we started moving extremely slowly and I leaned against the glass, closing my eyes for a moment as I took a deep breath. I thought back to my stranger, how he told me to go on this. And in some sort of sense, it really did feel like he was with me.

I don't know what he looks like, what his humor is, but I feel safe and warm. Maybe it's just because Jimmy was standing next to me. 

As we the egg went up and up, the water seemed to stretch on forever and it looked crystal blue. I could see the whole city from up here. And I caught view of a castle extremely far away. My mouth dropped open on how amazing it looked. I tried to remember the name of it.

Winsome?

Windsmer?

Windsmor?

Windsor. It was Windsor Castle. It the day today wasn't to beautiful and sunny, I'd never be able to see it. My stomach churned at the thought of actually going to go see it. It was now on my list of attractions to visit while I'm here in London.

I threw a glance at Jimmy to see if he was enjoying this just as much as I was. He had a small smirk on his face and I bet my life he was imagining taking Roslyn up here with him at sometime. She would absolutely adore being up here. She as an interest in ancient ruins, cities and tourist attractions.

I wrapped my arms around Jimmy and let out a deep breath as I continued to admire the scenery. This is where I am going to live now. For about four years. Maybe even longer if I need to for college.

About thirty minutes later, the ride was over and we slipped out. I sighed, kind of liking the feeling of being on stable ground. Jimmy lead up away from the ride, the crowd huge and swarming with people. I tried desperately to keep a hold on his grasp but when I lost him, I began to panic. 

I went to run in the direction he went, trying to peer over people to see if I could find him but he was no were in sight. And, as if my luck was against me, I wasn't looking at where I was walking and bumped into someone so hard it sent me falling on my butt.