Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"What if he doesn't like me?!" Sammy yelled in a hushed tone. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Liam who was smiling. 

"Sammy, he'll adore you!"  I said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and bringing her in for a side hug. She sighed and then nodded before also throwing a glance at Liam. He looked so amused I just wanted to smack that smirk off of his face. He shouldn't be smiling at girls insecurities. 

"I can see why he likes you, Claire! Everyone likes you! You're calm and sweet and funny!" She started to hyperventilate again, causing me to stop us from walking. I grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face me. 

"Sam. Shut up. Okay? You're gorgeous and amazing! Just because you had a jerk of a boyfriend who called you rude things for his own self-confidence-boost does not mean it's true. You're my best friend for a reason. Cause we're exactly alike. If I can get Liam-fricken-Payne than you can get Niall-fricken-Horan." I told her. She giggled and nodded enthusiastically. 

"CLAIRE! COME ON! BRING HER OVER HERE SO SHE CAN GET SOME LOVE FROM UNCLE LOUIS!" Louis called. Us three laughed, but I none the less grabbed Sammy's hand and pulled her to the guys. I wrapped my free arm around Liam's waist and gave him a gentle squeeze.

When we got to the four guys, Louis was jumping up and down. I arched an eyebrow and shook my head. Then he exploded. He ran towards her and swooped her up into a bone crushing hug. My eyes widened remarkably.

"It's so nice you meet you, Claire's friend! I am Louis Tomlinson! The hot and sexy one of the group." I laughed and then slapped a hand over my mouth when Louis looked over at me with hurt eyes. Liam pressed his lips against my head and I could feel him smile. 

"Claire Carson! Do you find me repulsive?!" Louis exclaimed, setting Sammy down so he could place a hand on his chest. I shook my head quickly and held out a hand to stop Louis from grabbing me. "Say you're sorry!" And heaven forbid, he started tickling me. I squealed and thrashed around in his arms as his assault carried in. "Apologize!" He screamed.

"I'm sorry! You so hot and gorgeous and sexy! You're beautiful Louis! I love you!" By the time I was done, Louis released me, causing me to fall on my butt. I glared up at him and grumbled incoherent words under my breath.

"This is pretty much a daily thing better Louis and Claire, here." Zayn said and then stuck out a hand for Sammy to shake. "I'm Zayn. It's nice to have you with us, Sammy." Sammy smiled widely and nodded before Niall came up. I bit my bottom lip, hoping she would remain calm as he gave her  casual hug and introduced himself to her.

"It's nice to meet you, Niall." Okay. To say I was impressed was a bit of an understatement. I thought she was going to faint in the least! But she looked strong and stable as ever. 

"And I am Harry Styles. The newest best friend of Claire's." I sneered at Harry as he hugged Sammy and stuck his tongue out a me. I went to attack him but Liam held me back.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Harry. But I will always be Claire's best friend." Sammy retorted. I laughed at Harry and he threw me a grimace.

"Alright, kids. Let's go before paparazzi's bombard us." Liam said. I glared at the word kid. I am not a kid! Even though I am younger than him...well... Louis' older. So. Yeah! I win. But nonetheless, we all agreed and ushered Sammy out of the airport to their car. We all piled in and she sat next to me, in front of Niall. Liam sat on my other side, refusing to sit next to Zayn. Zayn thumped Liam in the back of the head.

"Don't be such a jerk, Liam." Niall hissed. Harry looked back at me and smiled before glancing at Sammy. Something gleamed in his eyes. Admiration? What happened to that chick he was chatting it up with earlier? Sammy looked back at Harry and blushed. Okay. Seriously, what happened to Niall? This is so weird. 

I threw a glance at Liam to see if he noticed it too but he had his head back against the head rest, eyes closed and lips slightly parted. I was so closed to "awww"ing him but I instead laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his middle. Liam draped and arm around my back and held me close.

Then I heard a camera click and a saw a bright flash. My eyes snapped open to see Harry handing Sammy a camera. I glared at my best friend who had a cheeky smile on her face. "Sorry." She whispered softly. I felt a hand stroke my head softly and I looked over to see Liam watching me with a face filled with adoration. He mouthed "I love you" and leaned over to kiss me. It was soft and short but passionate.

I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to him, grabbing his hand. We twined our fingers together and played with them. They twisted this way and that; and it somehow gave me just the amount of comfort I needed to be put to sleep.

When we got to the house, Liam went to carry me but then someone slapped the back of my head, making me groan and glare at Sammy again. "You don't need to be carried like a newly wed, do you, Claire?" She asked. Liam chuckled and picked me up anyways only to set me down on my feet once out of the car. I gripped Liam's hand tightly as Sammy came over and linked an arm with me. 

"So how is Chicago?" I asked, a frown on my face as I missed my town. I missed my friends and the tall buildings. I missed how fricken bipolar it is. One day it will be out and the next it would be freezing. 

"Awesome! Bethany and Rodrigo are dating now!" I smiled widely as I squealed and clapped my hands. Took them long enough! Bethany is Sammy's sister and Rodrigo is the boy she's been crushing on since the seventh grade. I felt Liam drop my hand and I looked over to see him offer me a sweet smile before him and the boy's left us. They most likely went to the video games. I rolled my eyes and took Sammy to Liam's room where we sprawled out on his comfy bed. 

"I've missed you, Sammy." I whispered, staring up at the ceiling. She laughed and hugged a pillow to her chest as she watched me. 

"Does he make you happy?" She finally asked. I couldn't help the grand smile and spread across my face. I nodded slowly and then turned my head to look at her. She grinned and reached over to give my hand a squeeze. "I'm just worried about how the fame might go to his head. I don't want him to break your heart." I shook my head and then threw a glance at the picture of me and Liam at the signing. He stole it from his room at his parents house and put it in this one. We weren't even dating then and we already looked happy. 

"He won't hurt me. Not intentionally." I whispered. But really, I couldn't say if he would hurt me of not. I don't know the future. I'm just hoping he won't. 

"Good." Sammy said and turned to lay on her back. She hummed a lullaby as she played with the fabric on her pillow. 

"So Niall or Harry?" I asked. She jerked her head over in my direction, her eyes wide. 

"Exuse me?" She asked, exasperated. I giggled and rolled my eyes at my over dramatic friend.

"Well I know you like Niall. But I saw the way you and Harry kept looking at each other!" She blushed deeply and let out a heavy sigh. She shook her head and looked at the ceiling again.

"Niall. Always Niall. But Harry made me feel wanted, unlike Niall." She shrugged. I bit my bottom lip. I understood. That's how Harry was with me when we first met. But I ended up with Liam. Poor Harry. He is never the one who is accepted. 

I closed  my eyes and let out a breath. Then I hear gentle snoring and I glanced over to see Sammy was sound asleep. I smiled slightly and then got out of bed to find Liam and the boys. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it was short!!! But here's the next chapter. Question though! I want all of your guy's opinion's!

Should Sammy fall for Harry or Niall?!?!?! Please let me know!

XOXO Charlotte