Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I turned and stared at Mark with wide eyes. He gave me an evil smile as he walked over to grab my hand and place a kiss on my knuckles. I gulped, finding it hard to breathe. His blue eyes were swarming with lust as he looked me over. He licked his lips before his gaze settled on mine. His jet black hair fell in his eyes as he walked over and kissed my cheek. Those lips. They turned me cold. 

I felt tears building in my eyes. How could I forget?! Mark was Mike's cousin. That's how I met him. Through Caitlyn. My stomach twisted painfully, making me want to puke. I couldn't do this. I just couldn't. Mark grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him, grinding his waist against mine. I whimpered in disgust as I looked at him with hatred. 

"Get off of me." I growled. He chuckled and then released me. I turned to Caitlyn. "I can't walk with him! And I definitely cannot dance with him!" I cried. She sighed and then grabbed my shoulders to look in my eyes. I began hyperventilating. 

"Yes you can. Please. You're my cousin. I need you to." She gave me pleading eyes. 

"What's going on?" I heard someone ask and I spun around to see Jimmy walk over to us. He glanced at me for a second before he took in Mark standing next to Caitlyn and me. He glared. 

"Mark is my escort." I whispered. Jimmy glared sharply as he marched over and grabbed me, pulling me to his side. 

"No." He snarled. I buried my face into his chest and breathed in his cologne. Jimmy was escorting another one of Mike's cousins. He offered for Caitlyn to switch it so I was with Jimmy but she said Mike had it set in stone and didn't want to change it. 

I pulled back and nodded. 

"It's okay. I can do this. I have to." I looked in his eyes and nodded slowly. He sighed and looked over at Mark, glaring again.

"If you so much as touch her, you perv, I will beat the living daylights out of you!" Jimmy threatened. Mark held up his hands in defense but had a smug grin on his face. I wanted to slap it right off of him, it frustrated me. 

"I wouldn't touch a hair on her pretty little head." He said in a voice that sent chills down my spine. I gnawed on my bottom lip and walked over to grab my bouquet. I glanced at Caitlyn and nodded. We only had two more minutes before they were going to start. 

So I walked over where everyone was lined up Jimmy standing in front of Mark and I. Then the Maid of Honor and Best Man were behind us. It was Caitlyn little sister and Mark's older brother. I glanced over at them and decided they could look cute together. But it would never happen because they'll soon be family. 

Thats when the music started. I avoided contact with Mark for as long as I could. But when it was our turn to walk down the isle, I placed a hand in the crook of his arm and put on a smile as we walked. I found Liam, Sammy and Niall right away. I heard Sammy gasp once her eyes landed on Mark. Then she glared and looked as if she was about to attack him. Niall grabbed her hand and Liam looked extremely confused. 

When we got to the end of the isle, I jerked my hand away as if it was burned and walked over to stand but the bridesmaids. I watched as Sammy whispered into Liam's ear and then how his eyes darkened a few shades. He looked up at me but I shook my head subtly and pleaded with my eyes not to make a scene. 

He obliged and leaned back in his seat. But his eyes never ceased from flickering between me and Mark. Not even when Caitlyn walked down and not even when they said their vows. When the bride and groom said 'I do', tears were rolling down my face. I don't understand why. I guess it just because Caitlyn is happy, with a great man.