Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"So, are we going to take Liam out or are we going to eat in?" My mom asked as she brushed my hair. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. I didn't understand why she was brushing my hair. She just came into my room and insisted she do my hair. She hasn't touched my hair since I was ten. Also, she made me keep my eyes closed during the entire time she pampered me. 

I tried to think of what would be a better option. Should we eat in? Where my father will not hesitate to embarrass Liam and chase him away from me? Where he will ask uncomfortable questions and and make sure that Liam will never want to come back? Or should we eat out where my fathers questions will be limited so he wouldn't create a scene, but fans will swarm us? And the paps, putting us in the tabloids? 

"I don't know. You choose." I said. My mom has somehow grown a liking towards Liam. It's been four days since the parent-freak-out and I saw Liam three days of the four. On the last day I saw Liam, my mom came into my room and asked a lot about him. She asked so many questions, I was wondering why she was so curious. She asked if he was nice to me, if he treated me well. She asked about his childhood, his family and his dreams. She asked if he had a sense of humor. 

"Oh good! We'll take him out!" She squealed and clapped her hands together. The she squeezed my shoulders and told me to open my eyes. When I did I gasped. My hair was beautiful! She french braided the right side of my head, starting with my bangs. Then stopped right above my ear where she twisted all of my hair into a bun. And in the bun, I could see small strands of braid hidden within. 

"It's beautiful, mum." I said, Liam's accent sort of wearing off on me. She smiled and then snapped her fingers.

"Wait! I have something for you!" She fled the room and came back moments later with a big box. I cocked my head to the side and looked at her with a questioning look. She handed it to me and then sat on the bed across from me. "Your birthday is coming up. So, I bought this for you. As an early gift from me. I think today would be a perfect day to wear it." I let out a breath as I opened the box and pulled out a white dress. I gasped, lifted the dress and felt a tear roll down my face.

The dress was haltered top. The straps tied in the knot at the front as it did in the back. There was a strip of skin showing in between my breasts and the dress looked to only reach mid thigh. At the hem of the dress was embroidery, making it look fragile. I knew the dress was expensive because it was hard to tear and was made well. Which counteracted the fact that it looks fragile. (picture on the side)

This was the nicest thing my mother has ever done for me. I don't know how I could ever thank her. But for now, I settled with a hug. I put the dress back in the box, set in on the ground and leaned over to hug my mom extremely close to me.

"Thank you so much, mum. It's all amazing." I turned to look in the mirror at my hair again.

"Well, come on! Put it on!" She clapped her hands. I laughed and stood up to pull on my dress. My mom helped readjust my halter straps and then I moved to stand in front of a full body mirror. My jaw fell to the floor for the third time in about twenty minutes. It fit my body perfectly. It hugged me so it didn't fail to show off all my curves. I spun and then smiled at my mom. 

"Mom..." I stopped. I didn't know what to say. Because she had tears in her eyes. Her hands were folded together and pressed to her chest. Then she took in a deep breath and smiled. 

"Let's do your make up." 

"Whoa. Who died and made you suddenly attractive?" Jimmy asked when I walked into the room. I gasped and slapped him in the arm. He chuckled and hugged me tightly. 

Jimmy didn't look that bad himself. He was wearing khaki shorts and a night button down shirt. His hair was nicely combed and his eyes were twinkling with humor. Oh brother. I wondering how this dinner is going to go. Poor Liam!