Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

A Week Later

I laid down on Sammy's guest bed, staring up at the blank, boring ceiling. My heart cords were twisting in heartbreak and home sickness. Which is really bizarre, isn't it? Chicago is supposed to be my home... but it isn't! Not anymore. London is my home. With Liam and the boys. And as much as I hate to admit that and know that I will break my promise to Sammy, I know it's true.

I won't be back to Chicago next summer. Maybe Christmas or birthday's... but Liam is who I belong with. And it hurts me to know that he is half way across the world, probably just waking up to get ready for the day. It's currently 6:23AM and it should be 12:23AM in London. I glanced over at my phone. I have seven more minutes until he texts me "good morning".

He texts me from right when he wakes up until he goes to sleep. He's obviously having a hard time with this parting like I am. I knew he would. He cried when I left.

We were in each others embrace for ten minutes, refusing to release each other. Liam kept kissing my neck and telling me he would miss me. It didn't help my guilt. I hate doing this to him, I hate doing this to myself. But at the time, it seemed like the best idea.

When Liam finally released me, tears didn't hesitate to fall down. He kissed me hard and told me how much he loves me. I returned the love and promised him that I would be back. I wasn't going to leave him, I wasn't going to abandon him. He's too special to me.

Louis, however, cried harder than Liam. He jumped on top of me... and I'm not exaggerating! He literally wrapped his legs around my waist and arms around my neck. He kissed my cheeks and hair numerous times as he bawled like a baby. It was both funny and despairing. I wanted to tear my ticket apart and go back home with them but I couldn't Sammy already had plans for what we were going to do for summer.

So I bid my goodbye's to the five guys and boarded the plane with a glance over my shoulder at Liam. He smiled softly and gave my a heart with his hands. I smiled and mouthed "you too" to him before he disappeared from sight.

Buzzzzzz. You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the doo-or-or. Don't need makeup, to cover up. Being the way that you are is enou-ough!

The song cut off then. I only had it go the length of Liam's voice because it's what puts me to sleep at night. Yes, I listen to him sing when I go to bed. Obsessed, right?

I quickly answered that phone and smiled when I heard Liam laughing and screaming at Louis to get out of the room. "I don't care if you have a pimple on your back! No I'm not going to pop it! Get out! Louis William Tomlinson! I'm talking to my girlfriend! Fine, I'll pop it if you just go!" I heard a door slam after that and I couldn't help the laughing fits that spilled from my lips.

"Claire. Stop laughing! This isn't funny!" That only made me laugh even harder. I couldn't hear what Liam was saying on the other end because all noise was drowned out by my laughs. "Claire Carson!" I quickly snapped my mouth shut and gnawed on my bottom lip to keep from laughing.

"I'm sorry, babe! It was just very funny to listen to! You know you would be dying if Sammy came in and asked the same thing." I told him, trying to prove my point. And as if on cue, Sammy walked through the door, probably to see why I was laughing so hard.

"No. I would sympathize for you for having to go through with that. I don't want to pop Louis' pimples!" He complains. I giggle and pat the bed next to me, signally Sammy to come sit. She plopped down next to me and laid back, listening to us talk.

"I'm sorry, hun. I wish I could help you through with this one." 

"I wish you were here to do it for me." I gasped in feign horror.