Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Karen made some kind of grilled chicken with some sauce. I didn't really know what it was. But it was extremely delicious. I wanted ten servings of this! The mashed patatoes was amazing! I have no idea what she did to it but good lord it was tasty. So was the Italian Beans and salad. There was some different dressing on it, that was yummy. Can I take her home with me so she can cook everyday?

Liam kept his hand on my lap as he hate, rubbing and squeezing my thigh. They were all deep in conversation about past memories. I kept laughing whenever they embarrassed Liam. He seemed like such a sweet baby. What happened to him?

They told me about a time when Liam was about five years old, it was Christmas Eve and he was hungry for peoples attention. So he decided to come down stairs stark naked and run around screaming "Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!" He ran outside, in the freezing cold if I may add!

Liam turned beet red as he looked down and shook his head. "Why would you tell her that?!" Liam asked, appalled. I squeezed his hand, smiling widely at him. He glared at his family before he looked over and winked at me. Good Lord! Liam naked! Now that's a sight to see!

Well, I mean... not like that. I mean, it's a sight to see when he was younger... Not like NOW! That'd be kind of weird considering we just stared dating. Like if they had pictures and ooh... that's still kind of weird.

I laughed to myself at my internal monologue. Everyone except Liam's father looked over at me with raised eyebrows and amused faces. I blushed and shrugged. "Just thinking." Liam continued to watch me even as his family went back to conversing. He ran his thumb over my knuckles and kissed my nose. 

"You're so beautiful when you blush." He whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes and leaned back to stare into his hypnotizing brown eyes. 

"So Claire, tell us about yourself. What do you plan to do with your future?" Karen asked me. I turned my attention away from Liam and opened my mouth as I looked around the room. Why am I having such a hard time answering this question?! I've said the answer about fifty times in my life by now. Liam squeezed my hand.

"She's going to college. To be a...dancer." He turned to look at me when he said the last word. I bit my bottom lip and nodded.

"Yeah. Hip hop and ballet. You're son, here, didn't hesitate to make fun." I stuck my tongue out at Liam who glared and leaned back.

"I did not! You said you were a dancer and I guessed you were a ballet. Because it's a girl dance." I gasped and slapped him in the arm. Liam chuckled quietly but raised his eyebrows.

"Well, who are the guys I dance with them? So romantically and sexually." I teased. I whispered the last part in his ear so his family wouldn't hear. Liam tensed and slyly kissed my cheek. Then he turned to his family.

"She's really good at hip hop. Maybe you should show them the dance you showed me." My eyes widened and I choked on my food, coughing to try and get it out of my throat. What he is trying to do to me?! That dance I showed him...it is definitely not family approriate. At all. Liam patted my back as I coughed. "Maybe later than." I glared over at him.

"You're a cruel man, Liam Payne." He gasped in mock horror. I rolled my eyes. He leaned over and kissed me once.

"Oh but I love you, Claire Carson. This is how I show my affection." I frowned. That was a lie. Liam was talented at showing his affection towards me. And it did not involve him being rude towards me. Though it's all just a joke, I wonder what his family thinks of our relationship. They might think he abuses me. 

"Liam, if Claire doesn't want to dance for us, than she doesn't have too." Karen sent me a wink, making me beam with happiness as I stuck my tongue out at Liam again. He laughed and shook his head, taking a bite of the food. Which is so yummy. I want ten more servings! 

"So, Liam. How are Stacy and you doing?" Mr. Payne asked. I glanced over at him, scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Geoff!" Karen growled the same moment Liam, Ruth and Nicola hissed "Dad!". I looked at Liam, grabbing his hand tightly as he had a murderous look in his eyes. I smiled sweetly and nodded. I understood Liam had past girlfriends. It wasn't a big deal.

"Hey, can't a man wonder? I thought you guys were going to last forever." Geoff turned to face me, having a glint in his eyes. "Did you know they were together for three years? She almost wound up pregnant." My eyes widened and my mouth dropped opened.

"Enough, Dad! Stacy is my past. That's all she will ever be! And the pregnancy was a false alarm. You know that! Stop trying to scare Claire away." Liam said between set teeth. 

"How could you be so irresponsible?! How could you be so stupid to almost get a girl pregnant at age seventeen?! You scared her away from us, Liam. She was the best thing that ever happened to you. And that stupid mistake scared her away." Geoff scowled at his son. Liam was shaking with rage as he shook his head.

"I don't care what you have to think Dad. I've moved on. So just leave it alone." 

"Moved on?! To what? A pathetic Chicago gold-digging bum?! Stacy had talent. You guys could have gone far together." Liam shot up in his chair, grabbed the table and flipped it over in his father's direction. I gasped loudly, leaning away.

"If you ever speak to Claire is such an ill manner ever again, I swear to God I will never ever come back to this house again. You are no longer my father." Liam grabbed my hand and pulled me away from them. Karen, Ruth and Nicola gave me apologetic looks. And I returned them. I was guilty. Geoff was right. I don't deserve to be with his son.

Liam pulled us up to his room and shut the door before he went crazy and started hitting things and throwing lamps and pillows. He was screaming, making me watch in horror. Tears rolled down my cheeks as he distroyed his room. 

"Liam." I whispered. He stopped instantly and turned to face me. He crossed the room in two seconds and grabbed my face gently, brushing my tears away.

"Sh, love. It's okay. Don't listen to him. His a crude son of a bitch! Nothing he said was true." Liam said to me, kissing my nose.

"But it's true! I don't deserve you, Liam. I'm a nobody from Chicago and you're a huge famous star that every girl wants!" Liam shook his head and took us to his bed where he sat down and positioned me on his lap. 

"No. Claire, stop thinking things like that! You're beautiful and perfect in everyway! I love you so much. Stacy was a mistake. She was nothing but looks. That's all I cared about back then and all she cared about was my money. I don't want that. I want you. Where you are as beautiful inside as you are out." He kissed my quickly but passionately. He's really good at those kisses if I do say so myself.

I closed my eyes and laid my forehead against him. "You're too sweet to me, Liam Payne." He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"No. I'm just too selfish to let you go. I will not let you leave me. I need you, Claire." I smiled and opened my eyes to stare into his. 

"I need you. Forever." Liam nodded and tangled his hands in my hair.

"Forever." And we sealed that promise with a kiss.