Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I held Liam's lips to mine fiercely. I wasn't going to let him go. Not if my life depended on it. His lips were so soft and delicious against my own, it was breath taking.

Liam's arms wrapped around my waist as he held me firmly to him, never wanting to let me go either. His tongue skimmed across my bottom lip, asking for entrance but before I could open my mouth, we heard a ear piercing scream. 

"LIIIIAAAAMMMM!!!!" I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Liam groaned and took a step away from me, giving me a sympathetic look. The door was shoved open and I giggled when Louis ran over and threw himself in Liam's arms. Liam caught Louis out of instinct, looked at his friend with confusion and then dropped him to the ground. 

"Is that how you treat your best friend, Liam Pot Pie?!" Louis grumbled as he got to his feet, brushing the back of his jeans. I walked over and threw my arms around Louis neck, laughing lightly in his ear. 

"Don't worry about him, Louis! You have me!" I joked. Louis beamed and stuck his tongue out at Liam who looked royally pissed and a bit jealous. I gave him a reassuring smile and then looked at Louis with a questioning gaze. "Why are you here, Louis? How did you know to find us at Liam's house?" I asked. Liam is never here. It would most likely be the last place any of the boys would look. 

"Well! We came to bring you to a surprise!" Louis looked over at Liam, giving him a certain look. Liam gave a knowing one back with a grand smile on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what they were planning. But then I shook my head.

"We?" 

"Yup! The boys are probably still parking. I hopped out while it was still going and ran up here. I had to see my Liam and Claire!" Louis opened his arms as if he was waiting for a hug. I rolled my eyes and when the door opened again, I smiled at Harry, Niall and Zayn. They returned it.

"Hello everybody! Ready to get the show on the rode?" Harry asked, walking over to drap an arm around my shoulders. I slapped his chest, shook my head and slid over to slip into Liam's protective arms. 

"Where are we going, boys?" I asked, arching an eyebrow. Liam grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room, tugging me along. I stared at him, waiting for a reply.

"Can't tell you, love. It's a surprise." Niall said. I groaned and allowed the boys to take me downstairs. I said my goodbyes to Karen, Ruth and Nicola. They all hugged me. Liam's father didn't come to say goodbye. Surprise surprise. After saying goodbye, we all filed into their car. Louis was driving this time because they didn't want him to jump out of a moving vehicle anymore. Harry sat in the passenger seat while Liam and I took the second row of seat and Niall and Zayn took the back. 

I fiddled with my fingers, anxious just to get to the surprise. What could they possibly come up with that was worth being a surprise? 

I jumped up and down, flapped my arms and felt the sudden urge to squeal with delight. As I continued to freak out, Liam, Harry, Niall, and Zayn stood still with amused looks on their faces. Louis... well, Louis was jumping up and down, and flapping his arms with me. I felt like such a child but I was anxious. So anxious it hurt.

"She's coming! Only a few more minutes!" I looked at my phone for the fiftieth time to see how much longer we had to wait. Liam wrapped his arms around me and sat down on a chair with me on his lap. We were at the airport, past the paparazzi and the crazed fans. Every now and then, a girl will come up and ask for their autographs, but it was surprisingly calm and peaceful. 

I couldn't believe they did this for me. It was the most perfect present they could have ever given me! But why so random? There was no special occasion! 

Harry came up next to me and then handed me a box. I ached my eyebrows at the jewlery box that looked like it held a necklace or braclet. "Happy Birthday, Claire." My eyes widened in realization. My birthday was tomorrow. They were giving me early birthday presents?! I looked at Harry who gave me a smile and then sat down. I let out a deep breath and opened the long rectangular box. My breath was caught in my throat as I stared at the beautiful locket. It was in heart shape with a cursive 'C' on it. I looked at Harry.

"Thank you." I whispered. He told me to open it. I struggled at first but when I opened it, I smiled widely at the small picture of the boys doing a goofy face cut in half and placed on both sides. It was perfect. "This is awesome, Harry." I whispered. Liam gave me a gentle squeeze. Then Niall, Zyan and Louis gave me their presents.

Niall gave me a shirt that says "I <3 Chicago" and a sweatshirt that says "One Direction's Number One Fan". I rolled my eyes and hugged him tightly, thanking him. It was such a sweet present.

Zayn bought me every single album of my favorite artist, Eminem and then two tickets to see him in concert. I felt my heart stop as I stared at the tickets in my hands. This was crazy. 

Louis bought me... Well... It's Louis. What do you think he got me? He got me a basket full of carrots. Yes. Carrots. I looked at him with confusion, causing everyone to laugh. Then he told me to look under the carrots. When I did, I smiled when I saw a goody bag. In the bag is a delicate braclet that read "Louis Tomplinson" and a coupon to a spa day. I looked over at him with confusion. 

"You seem tense sometimes. So I bought you an hour massage." I close my eyes as the sound getting a massage already lessened my tension. 

"Thank you guys. This is all amazing." Liam nuzzled is face in my neck and I giggled. 

"No problem. Liam's present to you is the plane ticket." Harry told me. Liam shook his head.

"No that's not my only present. I have more. But that's for another time." He kissed my cheek and then went to release me. I turned to kiss him once and glanced at my phone to see it was time. I got to my feet and wrung my hands together as I grew even more anxious than before. 

That's when I heard her scream. I gasped and went into a full sprint towards her. "Sammy!" I hollered and engulfed her in the tightest hug. She laughed and squeezed me close to her, cutting off my oxygen flow. I didn't care though. She was my best friend and I missed her more than anything. 

"How are you?! I have missed you so much!" I cried, pulling back to see her shrug and then look me up and down. Her face softened and then she beamed with happiness.

"I'm good, Claire Bear. It's been a month since I've seen you. And it already feels like years!" I laughed and nodded obnoxiously.  Sammy stared at me for a moment before she grabbed my arm and yanked be back into a tight hug. We held each other for a minute before I jumped away, beaming at her.

"Sammy. Please stay calm. Okay?" I begged, grabbed her hand and lead her towards Liam and the boys. I heard Sammy suck in a deep breath as Liam met us halfway and hugged Sammy. 

"Hello, Sammy. Claire has told me so much about you. It's nice to meet you." Liam said with an amused look on his face as Sammy stared wide eyed. She nodded slowly before she glance over at me with her mouth hanging open. I nodded slowly, smiling slightly.

"You're dating him?! Liam fricken Payne?!" Sammy started to hyperventilate, causing me to wave paper in front of her face to give her as much air supply as I possibly could. When she seemed to be okay, she pushed my hand away and let out slow, deep breaths. Knowing she was okay, I clapped my hands, gathering Liam and Sammy's attention. 

"Now! Let's meet Niall!"  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's short! But I've been busy! I'll update soon! Don't ya'll worry! :)))

XOXO Charlotte