Part 2 of the Volcano Sector

Ulrich:

"Any monsters Jeremy?" I asked with flat tone to mask my nervousness. We had just reached the other rocky platform. The lava, or digital sea flowed all around the platform. My bigest concern was if Xana decided to raise the digital sea we had a good chance of being trapped. I mean Aelita probably wouldn't be since she has wings, but the rest of us would be trapped. It was frustrating thinking of all the dangers. Nervously I put my hand on the handle one of my swords. I expected nothing but danger in Xana's realm. The platform narrowed into three seperate paths. 

"Which way should we go?" Yumi asked. 

"I think that way" said Odd pointed to the left path. 

"Ok obviously don't go left" I said, Odd glared at me. 

"Lets go down the center path"Aelita saied.

"What do you think?" Yumi asked me. I shruged "I guess we'll just go down the center path" I told her. Down the central path we went. High walls stood on either side of the path, and it was hard to see. If a monster, such a mega tank, appeared we were toast. 

"You can't see anything with this fog" Odd complained. 

"What's Aelita doing?" Yumi whispered. Aelita had both her eyes closed.

Aelita:

I had closed my eyes when the fog appeared down the pathway. It was an ability I had, Second Sight. This fog was Xana's doing, he didn't want us to find what ever was down this path, but with my Second Sight I could see through the fog if I just closed my eyes. I was focused on what was at the end of this path. There was something down there, my best guess was it was a tower. I kept walking, not paying any attention to anything except what ever it was up ahead. 

Yumi:

"Aelita watch out!" I yelled. She was walking off the edge of a cliff. She opened her eyes to see she was falling. I reached out to grab her arm to hopefully keep her from falling. I tried to tell her the edge was comming up, but she wasn't listening; she seemed focused on something else. My hand  just missed her arm. 

"Aelita!" I yelled.   "Hang on!" exclaimed Odd. He jumped off the edge, grabbed her arm with one  hand, and used his claws to hold on to the steep, rocky cliff wall. 

"That was too close" Aelita gasped.    "The heroic Odd saves the day again" Odd said proudly.

"Odd just get yourself and Aelita up here before you fall. Sure wouldn't be so heroic if you fell" Ulrich said.

"Ah your just jelous" Odd said as he pulled Aelita back up, and then himself back up.

"Am not, what would I have to be jelouse of?" asked Ulrich. Odd shruged no saying anything.

"Shhhhh..... look" I whispered pointed toward the another area. There was a mega tank rolling out from behind a large boulder. 

"Get down" Odd said with a serious tone. We lowered ourselves hoping it handn't see us. I looked up again nervously. Three more rolled out around the dark tower.

"How are we going to take them out?" I asked.

"There's no path way that'll take us down there" Aelita said. 

"I have an idea" Ulrich said.  "What is it?" I asked.

"You'll have to wait and see, just back up. If the megatanks see you guys they'll take fire and there's no room to run" Ulrich said. He stood up and backed away from the edge before the monsters could see him.

Ulrich:

I have to be about the 2nd craziest guy ever. I stood only a few meters away from the edge of the cliff, the megatanks still hadn't seen us; perfect.