Final Chapter B4; Season Six

Back at school, the cafeteria.

"So I was right. The book still goes on" Odd spoke with a serious tone while eating a bannana.

"Don't talk with your mouth full" Marie scolded him. Yumi sat next to me, she seemed stressed out about something other than Xana. William, Aelita, and Jeremy snickered earning them a glare from Odd and a view of his mouthfull of bannana. Ew.... I ate another spoonfull of cereal.

"What book are you talking about?" Yumi asked.

"This book. Our book of 'unforgettable adventure and danger' isn't over" Odd answered. (quote from the real show)

"Right" we all muttered in response.

"What adventure?" Sissy asked curiously. I groaned, the annoying Ms. princess of the school had to come bother us.

"The adventure of avoiding you. I won't forget how much you bothered us, or got us introuble" I said. 

"Ugh, how rude" she said turning away, and finaly left us alone.

"You okay Ulrich?" Jeremy asked giving me a weird look.

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired I guess" I lied. 'More like I'm done with it all' I thought. I stood up, threw out my breakfast that I never felt like eating, and headed back to the dormatory. No school so I'm going to go sleep all day with my face in the fillow. I was opening the door when I heard someone call my name, "Ulrich wait" it was Yumi. Unable to walk away I just stood there with my head down letting my untamed brown hair cover part of my face.

"Ulrich there's something I wanted to talk to you about" she said.

"Well I don't feel like talking" I grummbled softly.

"Good because I'm the one that wants to talk" she said. I sighed, well I just lost the argument. I turned around and faced.

"On lyoko you said something, and it's been bothering me" she said. I closed my eyes for a second and remembered saying how 'I wasn't good enough, so why shouldn't I strike you down?' I gritted my teeth at the memory. 'Why had I said that? Why!' I mentaly scolded myself.

"What did you mean by that?" she asked.

"Nothing, I don't even remember that" I lied. I didn't want to remember saying that either, nor did I want to tell her what I ment.

"I thought we were friends, so why are you lying to me?" she asked. I felt bitter pain flicker in my chest. 'Just good friends?' I thought crossly.

"Well then maybe we shouldn't be friends" I said with a bitter tone. 'Why did I just say that' I mentaly yelled at myself. 'Great I've probably ruined every chance I had' I thought grimly.

"Fine then we just won't be friends" she said. 'Was this it?' I aksed myself. 'Had I closed off any hope of us together?' I wondered. My chest ached at the very thought. No this couldn't be!  'Darn I'm such an idiot!' I thought, again scolding myself.

"Yumi wait!" I called after her.  

"What do you want now?" she asked without facing me. 

"I- I-" I stuttered. 'Come on... spit it out' I told my self over and over, but I kept stuttering out of nervousness. 

"If your going to waste my time I'm leaving. My parents are probably wondering where I am" she snapped, still not facing me.  

"Yumi I'm sorry okay?" I snapped without meaning to. Without another thought I just was the one speaking when I hadn't wanted to in the first place.