Chapter 2

They have been traveling for almost three days now. Nagashi knows they were being followed so he has picked up the speed trying to lead the followers astray. No matter the level of danger he knew that he could not risk endangering his child, but whoever was coming after them was right on their tails. Worried more about the person following him he was focused on who was in front.

He quickly hid behind a bush attracting the unknown person. Chinami was making too much noise causing the person searching for them to be alert.

"Come out right now" Nagashi had no other choice to jump from behind the tree and nearly attack the person.

They both stopped midway when l their eyes met a silver-haired figure as reality dawned on them. Nagashi's eyes widen at the person before him. 

"I-I-Is it really you?" Nagashi choked out.

"It's been a long time brother" The anonymous figure tried to speak calmly.

"Kakashi, I haven't seen you since...."

Kakashi cut him off.

"Don't remind me" He glanced down at the floor trying not to remember seeing his father's lifeless body on the ground in front of him. Chinami got Kakashi's attention outstretching her arms.

Kakashi raised a brow flickering his eye from the small child to his older brother.

"This is Chinami my daughter your niece" Nagashi mentioned calmly. There wasn't really much time to have a reunion because the enemies were moving in close in search of the two.

Kakashi pulled out a Kunai prepared for a fight, but his brother stopped him explaining why they must have been following them. He explained to Kakashi everything he wanted him to know as well as what Chinami deserves to know.

"I may have broken my promise already, but I can't be by her side any longer it's just not safe anymore... please Brother I ask one last favor of you" Nagashi stared at Chinami with a small smile, tears threatening to fall out.

"Brother" Kakashi breathed.

"I couldn't be the father she needed to look up to I couldn't protect my wife" Nagashi screamed to the top of his lungs causing Chinami to cry.

Kakashi punched his brother in the jaw causing him to stumble back a bit.

"Don't ever speak like that again... all that you both have done was for the sake of your child and that is more than you could have given her your offering her A LIFE, but don't you dare regret making sacrifices"

Kakashi took Chinami from his brother's hands without thought.

Chinami was the last thing closest to what he had of a family to what he had of his brother, so he was of course bound to keep her safe.

The two brothers said there goodbyes before Nagashi led the enemies away from Chinami's location while the two headed for the hidden leaf village.

It didn't take long for Kakashi to make it to the hidden leaf village, but however, he felt a need to sneak home unseen.

The streets were becoming quieter as shops started closing down, however, he didn't want to risk anyone seeing him with a child.

He carefully crept near shops that were already closed trying to stay hidden in the dark.

"Kakashi is that you, what are you doing creeping around here at night?" He quickly turned around hiding the baby behind his back to see Ms. Yamoto one of the elderlies observing him.

"Just heading home for the night no need to worry" He nervously started backing away before running off to his house cautiously avoiding anyone else. He steps into the house noticing Chinami has been quiet the whole time.

He peers down to see a sleeping child in his arms. Kakashi sighed heavily placing her onto his bed.

"Can't believe I'm doing this"

~Nagashi's POV

I had no choice but to go back on my promise to Akane, but I've reached the limit of doing all that I could for her and now I could only wish for her protection under the hidden leaf village under Kakashi as she continues to grow.

Let's hope this plan works out well it resembles her a lot, but I know I'll no longer be with her so I plan to enjoy this time for as long as I have.

Two men appeared in front of me wearing black coats with red clouds on them.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves Nagashi " The black haired one started lifting his head up at me showing me his eyes.

"No" I can't believe he has a Sharingan eye. Who are these men? They seem too dangerous, to begin with. My grip tightened on Chinami.

"I'm Itachi Uchiha and this is Kisame... you led us on quite a chase so we can assume that you know what we're here for" Itachi smirked holding his hand out to me.

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!" As soon as I turned around to leave the one that's called Kisame appeared in front of me kicking me to the feet of Itachi.

I coughed up blood as Chinami bounced out of my arms onto a rock.

Itachi was displeased to see that it was only a shadow clone and not the real deal. He grabbed me by the shirt lifting me off my feet.

"Tell me now where she is and I might let you go free" The patience he had has left his voice, but he was going to kill me anyway.

"I will tell you... she's far from your hands right about now you won't be able to bring my daughter harm" I spat blood on his cheek.

"You little..." He flung me away right through a boulder causing it to crumble after me. "Kisame we're done here make it quick"

Finally I can be reunited with my love once more. As for my daughter let her life be well and long.

The one she meets in her life I can only hope is the right one the one that can truly give her the happiness that I couldn't. I will continue to watch over you.

"Any last words" Kisame said slinging the huge sword across his back as I glared at him coughing up blood. "Didn't think so" He raised his sword ready to strike me down as I glared at him lifelessly in my thoughts.

"Wait!" Itachi shouts not turning around causing Kisame to stop his sword centimeters away from my head. " bring him instead I have something better in mind"

Before I knew it I was punched and everything went black and silent.

A warm light shined brightly on my face blinding me for a second. I realized it was my true love who came back for me.

"Sweetie there you are I was becoming real lonely without you by my side" she kissed me before helping me up.

"Ugh" I clutched onto my chest to see or feel any open wounds, but the pain was suddenly gone.

"Chinami?" She asked kind of worried.

"She's safe, however I'm sorry that I could not keep my promise..." she cut me off with her soft delicate lips.

"Shhh you did well, Her safety is what matters" she smiled.