Chapter 13

Once we made it back to the village we reported the completed mission back to Lady Tsunade quickly.

All I thought about what Gaara said to me all the way home. Was that a hint that he might've liked me? So many questions that I could ask, but maybe I'm just being head over heels for him boosting something that's probably not there.

"Good job team Kakashi and team Guy" She congratulated on the mission's success. "I'm glad the mission was a success, now that the Kazekage is safe both teams can rest easy now" She said nodding everyone off to get rest.

Just as I was about to leave as well she motioned for me to stay behind.

"Chinami, I know you're probably exhausted, but earlier today a message came in today" She mentioned to me as I waited for her to release more details to me. "The kazekage had asked me to send someone that would be of great use to him as an assistant and I want to send you" My jaw dropped open at her words.

"you can't be serious he should've just asked me to stay with him... that moron just you wait Gaara" I pouted, but at the same time I was actually happy myself.

"look on the bright side you'll bond more with Gaara and who knows you might even become the Kazekage's wife and even have a kid or two" I choked on my own spit when she mentioned becoming his wife and kids. Tsunade was such a tease about the whole Gaara thing.

"ugh" I shook my head at how planned everything was between the two. Maybe that's why he said he's only giving me days until I get back.

"Everything's already arranged the only option you have is to say yes and you leave by tomorrow, so think of this as your vacation or should I say lovecation" She said laughing as I walked out the door. Sometimes she can act as if she's still a teen.

After I left Tsunade I headed straight to the ramen restaurant up the road. I walked in to be greeted by Iruka and just my luck Naruto.

"Chinami, nice of you to join us ramen on me tonight" Iruka cheerfully said. Maybe it was to congratulate us on the completion of our mission. I only ordered something to drink and took a sip before Naruto started asking questions.

"Hey, what did Lady Tsunade say?" I rolled my eyes at how nosy he was being. I explained to both of them everything that happened and Naruto Jaw dropped to the ground.

"I leave tomorrow so I have time to see everyone" Naruto jump out of his seat hugging me tightly as I rubbed his head. "Don't worry I'm not leaving forever" I know team 7 is splitting, but I'm sure Naruto will figure something out he always does.

"Well, I'm proud you should be too Chinami... I mean you are going to be the Kazekage's assistant for a while" Iruka mentioned paying for everything before we went or sperate way. I said goodbye to everyone I knew on the way home.

Once I got home I had walked in to see Kakashi on the couch reading his book per usual.

"oh you're home" He said actually looking away from the book for once. Just how many of those series are there in the world I wondered.

"Yeah I'm home" I smiled softly at him. I'm going to miss yelling at him for reading too many of those books all the time.

"What did the Hokage need of you?" He asked raising a brow.

"She wants me to be the Kazekage's assistant for awhile" I felt bad for leaving Kakashi by himself and I would understand if he didn't want me to leave.

He tossed the book onto the couch getting up to pull me into a hug in one swift motion.

"You have grown wise enough to make your own choices now I won't always be there to guide you in the right direction... I just want you to be safe" I cried a bit onto his shoulder as he hugged me tighter.

"I promise I won't get into any trouble" This was hard for me. I've never been away from Kakashi especially not for such a long time so this was new to me.

~Gaara's POV

*a few days later

It was hard letting Chinami go I was becoming impatient with the constant waiting to see her. It would be months or years at a time. This time I made sure she'd be here for quite a while. She is my best friend after all and I would enjoy the company now that I'm being confined in this room to do paperwork slowly recovering.

"Lord Gaara, you have a visitor from Aki Watanabe from the village hidden in the mist" I nodded motioning for him to let her in. Her name sounded quite familiar to me as I thought about it.

"Thank you for allowing me, Lord Gaara" She was well mannered, but she came to assist me as I read in the message that was bought to me earlier.

"I see you're here about assisting me, however, I apologize to say that I have a welled trained assistant that should be arriving in just another day or two" She bowed respectfully then started crying a bit.

"Please Lord Gaara allow me to assist you in any way... I've already failed my Mizukage once and promised never again... I don't want to go back without fulfilling my duty first" She begged looking up at me. This is partially a gift from the mizukage and I guess that it would be rude to send her back.

"I understand I'm sure I can find something for you to do" I smiled just as the doors opened again as the guards led another in.

My eyes flickered becoming well focused on the person that walked through the doors.

"Chinami, well I've been waiting on you for quite some time now" I chuckled as she made her way over to me.

"It was quite the journey, I tried to get here as fast as I could my apologies Lord Kazekage for the wait" She smiled brightly at me then looked towards the girl that had been standing there.

"Hi, I'm Chinami and you are?" She smiled warmly to her.

"I-I'm Aki, nice to meet you" Aki was hesitant to answer at first, it's almost like she knows her someone of the past maybe.