Chapter 22

~Chinami's POV

Today felt even better than yesterday now that I've let out everything I had balled up to myself. The girls left to get ready for the festival and I had gotten ready myself. I was getting kind of nervous going to meet up with Sato. This can almost be seen kind of like a date if you ask me.

After getting dressed it was almost time for me to meet with him. I added a light touch of making up and some perfume heading right out the door.

No sign of Kakashi.

I guess he's already headed out probably drinking with Guy Sensei per usual. Making it exactly on time to the Ramen shop where Sato told me to wait, however, he wasn't there yet, which gives me more time to stop being nervous.

Looking up from the ground I seen Temari and Shikamaru passing by me.

"What are you two doing together?" I raised my brow looking at the two. They seem to be a couple or maybe not yet, but I can tell they might like each other. Both of them are acting so awkwardly.

"What a drag...I'm just showing her around the festival is all" Shikamaru said looking the other direction rubbing the back of his neck. This gave me enough time to thumbs up Temari as a sign of encouragement as I push the two off giggling to myself.

Moments after that Sato arrived pulling out a red rose from behind his back holding it towards me.

I smiled looking up at him reaching for the flower. As soon as I did I felt a firm tight grip on my wrist stopping me from doing so.

My eyes widened as I slowly turned my head shocked to see Gaara. His expression towards Sato wasn't pleasant either.

"Hey what do you suggest you're doing with her?" Sato bluntly said grasping onto Gaara's shoulder pushing him back a bit.

My night hasn't even started yet and this is how it begins.

"Please, you guys calm down" I tried to separate the two from each other.

"This guy has some nerve interrupting us like that and grabbing you... Who does he think he is?" Sato asked trying to get past me.

"He's-" I started but Gaara cut me off.

"I'm Kazekage and I do as I please with her because she's mine" Gaara said calmly but bluntly pulling me into his chest wrapping his arms around my waist.

I looked up at Gaara confused as to why he would claim me. Is he jealous that I was spending tonight with Sato?

Uhhh I don't know what to do or say. I thought as I looked up at Gaara who was glaring at Sato.

"If she's yours then why was she with me?Huh?" Sato pushed but knowing Gaara he was starting to get impatient with this argument.

"Sato, I'm sorry about this I am-" Gaara took my wrist dragging me off cutting me off leaving Sato there.

I hope he doesn't take this the wrong way. We stopped at the hill under the tree where we had a picnic in our childhood next to the lake.

"Gaara, tell me what that was about?" I said a bit angrily at him since he's going around saying I'm his but shows no sign of actually liking me.

I'm confused by his emotions and it's upsetting me day by day.

"I don't want to see you with him anymore" Gaara crossed his arms looking down at me.

"I'll see who I want to see" I slightly raised my voice at him only to be pushed onto the tree. Gaara put both his hands against the tree on either side of my head trapping me in place.