Chapter 24

~Chinami's POV

By dawn, we were up packing our things. I hardly it any sleep last night from constantly feeling so guilty about the kiss.

STUPID SATO!!! HOW DARE YOU?

I shook my head trying to move past these events.

"Chinami, are you okay?" My father asked walking up to me causing me to jump a bit.

"Never better" I replied in a flat tone throwing the backpack over my back.

"Let's get moving" Sato called out as he avoided making eye contact. His fried flared at me before slowly taking off together.

If anyone has a right to be mad it should be me.

*
We finally arrived at our destination which was a secluded mountain area. Something about the place seems off and sketchy.

"Keep your guard up" Kakashi whispered to us as we slowly followed behind the other two.

It feels like we're being watched. This doesn't feel right at all.

There is this slight eerie feeling that feels the air almost as if something bad is about to happen.

I continue to follow behind Sato wondering where we were exactly. We were supposed to be looking for clues of the whereabouts of Madara, however, there's something off about this whole thing.

"Stop right there Sato...What is this place?" I turned around noticing that the others were no longer behind me. This sent me into a panic as the stone door started to close shut from where we just entered. "I demand an answer now!!!"

The room began to lit up it was still hard to see, however, manageable.

"You know Chinami, I have always hated you" I softly gasped wondering if I even heard him correctly. How can he hate me just like that after confessing his love to me multiple times?  This situation doesn't make sense to me. "You humiliated me time and time again, but this is my last chance to make it right" Right before me, his body started to transform into a smaller physique more feminine.

Once the person turned around and slowly removed their hood it was clear that this person was...

"Aki?" Don't tell me I was placed under a genjutsu.

"You're not the only one who has learned a few new tricks" She placed her hand on her hip looking directly at me smirking. "The waterfalls on this mountain allows me to use my genjutsu at its full potential...I can manipulate the mist to make the victims see change appearances as well as using that to manipulate voices"

My eyes widened in disbelief, I don't have any escape roots.

This was all a setup. Don't tell me Sato is apart of this.

I wonder if the others are alright.

So much running through my mind right now I don't even know what I'm going to do in my current situation.

"What is all of this for?" I prepared to fight her for whatever means that I can find or make an escape root. I walked myself right back into trouble and I just know Gaara is not going to let me out of his sight until this war ends.

"This is all for your planned death and to obtain your Jinchuriki" She explained taking out her twin blades running towards me.

I quickly dodged jumping out of the way thinking about a plan. I don't want to kill her but maybe if I can knock her out that would also be a better option.

"It was you back in the village wasn't it?" Who else hates me that much to set me up to the Akatsuki?

"If you hadn't rejected Sato maybe he would save you from me right now" She kicked me back into the wall as I quickly tried to gather myself again.

"Whats this actually about?" I just need to get her to come into contact with me. "Is this about the Chunin exams or is this all about Gaara?" I questioned trying to piss her off more.

"SHUT UP!!!" My words seem to be getting through to her. The vigorous amount of moving she was doing seemed to untie her hair to the point that it fell in her face making her look crazy. "I can't wait to bathe in your blood... maybe a while after your death I will pursue Gaara" She rushed at me once more giving me an open to do what I had to do. It was easy to disarm her then generate enough lightning through her body to shut off her oxygen for a few seconds.

"What's her actual motif?" Once her body fell limp into my arms I began to scan the room. With no luck in finding an exit, a sword pierced Aki directly in her back.

The electric signals running through her let me know that she was dead from the sword that pierced her body.

A pair of red eyes met mine as I slowly got a good look at his face.

Memories started to flood my mind as I remember that day I met Gaara the day I ran into those men. The one that I killed, his death still lingers in my mind.

"You're all grown up from the last time I saw you" This man had long white hair like mine quite handsome but other than me killing one of his men years ago I don't know him.

Does he want my Jinchuriki?

"You-" I started but he cut me off looking at me as if he could care less about anything that I had to say.

"I tend to remove those that are useless to me and Aki was one of them" He pointed his sword towards me as he towered over me, the tip of the sword dripping with her blood. "Sato just might be next but he did bring you all the way here so I guess he is safe" He mentioned pointing the sword closer to my throat.

"What is it that you want? Why go through all of this?"

"I was going to take you from the Akatsuki or let them extract the beast and go from there but my plans were foiled when your friends came to save you" He kept the same scowl that he had years ago, he didn't seem to change at all. Just cold on the inside wanting more power just like the Akatsuki, just like Madara. "I'm going to kill you and take the beast for myself" He gripped the sword tightly drawing his hand back right before thrusting it towards me.

I thought this was it for me, The End of the road. This couldn't possibly be it for me though when...........did I....... become................weak?

Just sitting there, another blade flew across my face stopping his from getting any closer to me as the blades touched at the tips.

"Don't touch my daughter Seiji" I gasped as my father's student appeared behind me checking to see if I were alright as he moved me away from the two as they began to battle.

"Where's Kakashi?" I asked worriedly.

"He has Sato tied up, he's fine" He helped me onto my feet trying to help me towards the exit but I resisted.

" I won't leave my father" I tried pushing off of him right as Seiji knocked him into a pillar.

Seiji then turned his attention towards me racing towards us right before my father stopped his blade again holding him off.

" Do as he says Chinami" He mentioned struggling to hold off Seiji who was trying to overpower his weapons.

"If you don't listen to your father I'll kill you" Seiji licked his lips while glaring at me.

"We have to get moving Chinami"

Once we made it to Kakashi there was a loud explosion followed by a force that blasted my father and the other man out of the cave causing it to crumble.

Kakashi moved just in time to catch my father as Seiji was able to make an escape.

My father had a huge cut across his chest.

"DAD!!!" I yelled rushing over to them, however, no response.

"We have to get him back to the village as quick as we can" Kakashi said as we helped my father on his back.

Everything is happening all too fast.

We weren't able to get no leads on Madara either.

He will be alright Chinami, hold yourself together!