Chapter 23

Chinami's POV

Everyone was running left and right when they heard that Maadara was resurrected and planning on attacking.

Mainly the teams I'm familiar with are here in Lady Tsunade's office. They even let my father out of Jail as he was leaned against the wall next to Kakashi. Probably to help out with the war and finish serving time for his crimes.

"As you all may have heard, Maadara has been resurrected" Tsunade started, I only hoped she was joking but her rather serious expression says it all.

Who in their right mind would want to resurrect that guy?

Gaara must have felt me tense up. He slowly took my hand in his squeezing it gently turning his attention to me as I looked up at him. He leaned down to my ear a bit before speaking softly.

"Don't you worry" He smirked causing me to scoff at him.

After the meeting, We all decided to split up into groups and set off to discover where the Akatsuki would be thinking they would be behind Madara's resurrection.

This was all happening so fast that I didn't know what to think of it. It's just one event after the other and now every time I get Gaara back, we're separated once again.

"I'm going to head back near the place where they held me captive" A worried expression shot onto Gaara's expression as he peered down at me. "What?" I asked him.

"you shouldn't go back to that place and especially not alone" I can definitely handle myself, also does he forget that I have my beast still. I'm actually more powerful than they think I am.

I was only caught off guard is all.

"I'm fine by myself" I argued furrowing my eyebrows a little.

"No!!!" Gaara never really yelled at anyone especially not at me."I'm sorry I just don't want to lose you again" His arm snaked around my waist as he pulled me more into his chest, lifting my chin gently so I would be looking up at him.

He kissed my lips softly tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

" I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to my future wife" My cheeks began to warm up quickly when he said that. I'm still shocked that it was me that he chose to have for a wife as I thought we'd only ever be friends.

"In that case, Her father and uncle can keep her safe?" I didn't even have time to respond to Gaara's question before my father separated us both throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"What the-" Where is this coming from all of a sudden? They let him out of jail and now he's all of a sudden trying to act fatherly.

UGH!!!!

"She will stay my little princess forever" He chimed hugging onto me. I know he's my actual father but he's got some nerve to think that he can walk back into my life after abandoning me, being a criminal, and even kidnapping me.

Kakashi had to raise me although he's left me with Kurenai a lot of the time or to read a book. It was challenging for him especially knowing that he had to take on a role he never planned for.

After pushing him off of me completely I stormed away to get ready to leave ignoring him completely.

*

We journeyed back to the area I was held captive. My father would seem to have a good idea on where the Akatsuki would have headed. They had several plans but resurrecting Madara wasn't one of them.

I would love to trust him but who is to say he doesn't have something else planned. He could be leading us into another trap. Him and his sidekick over there.