Chapter 11

The next morning I woke up bright and early as the hounds came back with the whereabouts of the Akatsuki. We gathered our things quickly ready to set off to find the Kazekage. 

It was decided that we'd take Granny Chiyo with us and so we did. All this talk about the Akatsuki want Naruto and I we were curious to know more about them. They were strong, but even so, we don't know how strong they were because we have yet to fight against them. 

Granny told us more about the tailed beasts. Raiju was more interesting to me not because he was my tailed beast, but because he only had six tails and the four weird things sticking out from his arms and back I can assume those count as tails too.

We came across one of the Akatsuki members, which made us come to a halt. 

"Itachi Uchiha" Naruto said with a bit of venom. My eyes widened as I was face to face with the man that wiped out his entire village. Sauske's brother. 

He dodged most of our attacks and the only people to come into contact with him was Naruto and Kakashi. Naruto was caught in his genjutsu and I was a little worried for him.

Sakura insisted that we help him by giving him some of our Chakra to help him break the jutsu. 

"Huh? What happened?" Naruto looked around confused as to what happened to him, so Sakura explained to him. 

Itachi used fireball jutsu as we dodge the attack taking cover. Kakashi counter attacked with his lightning blade as a diversion giving Naruto enough time to attack him his Rasengan.

There was another small explosion causing dust and debris to fly our way.

"Did he do it?" Asked Granny Chiyo.

We tried to see if they were alright, but I couldn't see them anywhere. The mist started to get thicker around us and I remember that this was Kakashi's. I had seen Itachi and Kakashi locked onto each other not moving one muscle. 

"It's clear that I can't use my Genjutsu on a shadow clone" This wasn't good he's learned that it wasn't the real Kakashi as the real Kakashi popped out of the ground.

"Now Naruto" Naruto ran out of the woods using another Rasengan, but this one was bigger. My eyes widened as I watched amazed at how much he has improved. 

He took down Itachi in one blow or who we thought to be Itachi. When we had rushed over to Kakashi and Naruto. The Akatsuki member's face had changed.

"I knew something wasn't right " Kakashi said thinking about the situation. 

"What the heck is happening?" Naruto questioned obviously confused as ever, but I wouldn't blame him because I think we all were at this point. 

"This man is Yura a jonin from the sand village" She explained to us his affiliation. The Akatsuki are really mysterious in their own way always having a trick up their sleeves. I'm actually pretty shocked myself we weren't even fighting Itachi. 

*

We traveled furthermore until Kakashi decided that we should take a break and rest up, however, Naruto stubbornly insisted continuing. 

"We don't know who we'll have to fight next so it's best to rest up for the next battle" He was right Naruto and him did use a lot of there Chakra's in the battle with Itachi, not Itachi. 

We set up camp in a safe spot while Kakashi and I stayed on the look out.

"You should really get to bed Chinami" He insisted, but I shook my head.

"How can I when I worry about him so much" This is taking so long we need to save him right now, however, it must be a good thing I'm not alone because I wouldn't rest or take a break. Nor could I go against any of the Akatsuki alone, but if I were I would for him. 

"If you don't sleep and rest you wouldn't be in the right state of mine to rescue him" Kakashi said rubbing my head. "We'll save him just please get some rest" He reassured.

"Fine..." I laid down in between Naruto and Sakura closing my eyes drifting off into darkness. 

I woke up in the middle of the forest not knowing where or how I got here.

"Naruto, Kakashi...Sakura...Granny" No one responded. I sat up turning my head slightly to see Gaara. 

"G-Gaara...Is it really you?" I looked at him with teary eyes. 

He looked at me out the corner of his eyes before speaking in that deep monotone voice of his that I miss so much. 

"Been a long time Chinami" He grabbed me by my arm pulling me forward into a hug. 

"where's everybody else?" I look around curiously wondering if they're all hiding. 

"Does it matter? He asked standing up. 

"What?" I asked rather confused. Despite not seeing him in years I knew something had to be wrong with him"Gaara you can tell me if something is wrong"

"I just wanted to see you one last time" My eyes widened as his hand slipped away from mine as he walked off disappearing into the woods. 

"Wait...What do you mean one last time?!" I shouted getting up running after him moving branches after branches. "Gaara please don't go...Don't leave me!!!" 

I made it to a cliff stopping myself from near death as I wobbled hearing the bushes rattle behind me quickly turning around thinking it might have been Gaara. 

It was a silver-haired guy with blue eyes, he seemed to be familiar to me, but I didn't know exactly who he was. He just smiled getting closer and closer to me that I forgot about the cliff behind me as I slipped falling off. 

*

I shot up from my sleep looking around to see everyone packing their things. 

"You were having quite the dream there weren't you?" Naruto asked smirking. "Gaara please don't go... Please don't leave me!!!" He said trying to imitate my voice in a pleading way.

"Seems like you have more maturing to do" Sakura said punching him in his head. 

Watching them bicker was funny, however, what Gaara said to me has me worried even more than before. It might have been a dream, but I feel that something isn't right.

"Can we move quicker this time?" Everyone looked at me as I quickly packed my things ready to move. 

Once everyone had gathered their things we set off as Naruto and I had picked up our speeds staying ahead of everyone else.

Just hold on Gaara a little bit longer.