Chapter 9

2 years later

~Chinami's POV~

It's been two years since team Kakashi went there separate ways. Two years since I've heard from Gaara, Temari, or Kankuro. I did make sure to keep in contact with them. I could write everyday, but whenever something was being sent to the Sand Village I sent a letter too as well. Kakashi only visited me once in the two years. I'm now seventeen years old.

I had such an experience here in Kumogakure training personally with the Fourth Raikage and Killer Bee themselves.

Killer Bee even taught me how to control my Bijuu. Honestly, Raiju and I have become even closer I view him as an older brother.

I even created some new jutsu that I'm dying to try out. They gave me an escort back to the hidden leaf village, which took about two and a half days travel.

I can't wait to see how much Naruto and the others grown. As I arrived near the gates I've seen a messenger bird. If I'm not mistaken it was an emergency bird, but where from.

The two that escorted me went to find shelter as I thanked them. They'll probably head back tomorrow morning after regaining most of their energy.

I spotted a spikey Yellow haired boy not too far from where I was and went rushing towards him.

"NARUTOOOO!!" I yelled jumping onto his back. "I missed you so much" I forgotten that he went to train too.

"Chinami long time no see yah know" He smiled goofily.

" Hey, you've grown" He got taller and seemed to have matured a lot.

"Yep I sure did" he rubbed the back of his head. "That reminds me aren't you going to see your boyfriend or something I'm sure he's dying to see you" I punched him with all of my strength not holding back anything.

"Seems like you haven't matured mentally" I said a bit angered. He got up hiding behind a long white haired man.

"Pervy sage meet-" The man cut Naruto off from his sentence.

"Chinami Hatake" how did he know who I was. I'm sure I haven't met him before. He patted my head.

"H-hello" I said awkwardly, however, he was only a shadow clone that disappeared. Naruto shrugged and said he was probably being a perv somewhere.

We went to the Hokage building to see lady Tsunade, she talked to us about our opponent as Shikamaru and Temari walked in.

"Hey, Shikamaru, Temari look whose back" Sakura pointed to us, but I stared directly at Temari who looked stunned to see me too.

"TEMARI!!!" I yelled like a kid. I caught her off guard as I jumped into her arms squeezing her tightly.

"Chinami it's been so long, breaking promises again I see" she hugged me gently rubbing my head since I was still shorter than she was.

"How's Kankuro and Gaara?" I asked.

"Well for starters they both miss you, however holding up pretty well two years"

"Of course she needs to know how her boyfriend is doing" Naruto mumbled.

"Boyfriend?" Tsunade questioned raising a brow. I quickly put up my hands up waving them while shaking my head.

"N-no he isn't my boyfriend" I can't believe Naruto did this with Temari here. She can see me blushing and she'll probably tell him.

I thought about every possible scenario.

"At least not yet yah know" he continued only to be punched across the room by Sakura.

After all of the misunderstanding, Naruto finally found out who the opponent was. He jumped outside onto the rooftop.

"Kakashi sensei" Naruto reaches into his bag and pulled out a book the Kakashi got all hyped about. He was too hyped to even notice that we were watching until lady Tsunade told him to calm down.

He got up crouching down through the window.

"Chinami" He spoke.

"I missed you so much Da... uh, Kakashi" I smiled hugging him hoping he didn't catch that.

He chuckled patting my head.

"You haven't changed much, but you have grown" he mumbled under his breath.

He cleared his throat before going in to explain that the three of us would be fighting against him.

But he claimed that Naruto and I needed rest because our journey and disappeared without letting us confirm.

"He didn't change at all either... books are his number one priority sometimes" I chuckled.

I took this opportunity as a chance to go and catch up more with Temari. I can practically call her a sister my sister.

"Are you and Shikamaru together?" Naruto asked curiously.

"As if that would ever happen" Shikamaru said with his hands tucked in his pockets.

"Not even I wouldn't bet on it... I'm only here trying to help prepare the Chunin Exams" She explained to us.

"It's a drag to be her escort" Maybe none of us have changed that much. I thought he would grow out of saying what a drag, but I guess that's how he sees the world. Nothing but a drag. "Which reminds me you both are still Chunin, so what're the moves for this year" 

Oh crap I forgot due to our training they all must have been promoted to Jonin, but due to our absence, we haven't really gone anywhere.

"Kankuro, Temari, and Neiji were already made Jounin's" Naruto was in disbelief while I congratulated Temari on her accomplishment.

"W-What about Gaara?" Naruto questioned quickly. Temari explained that he was made Kazekage. Sure I was shocked at first to think that Gaara of all people became Kazekage where everyone used to hate him. 

That is such a huge accomplishment that he has ever made and I'm so proud of him. 

I was waiting for Naruto to explode from the news, however, he got us all. 

"That's great news, but I'm still going to be Hokage" He said with more confidence than before. That was one goal that will forever be stuck on his mind until he accomplishes it that is.

Everyone went there separate ways. I gave Shikamaru a bit of time off until it's time for us to go and find Kakashi. 

"So Chinami tell me I get the feeling you like Gaara" She smirked causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

"Come on Temari not you too" Not this again. I mean I know it might be true, but I would necessarily tell anyone that. He probably still doesn't have the same feelings for me anyway.

"You can hide it greatly from everyone else, but most certainly not me" She said whispering in my ear.

She knows, but how. I gulped being so gullible.

"Fine, I do like Gaara. I've always liked Gaara, but I beg you not to tell him" I said begging her like a kid.

"I knew it" She smiled and laughed. "That was so easy" I gasped at her. I can't believe I believed she knew.

"You mean to tell me you didn't know all along" I pouted turning away from her. 

"Well look at the time don't you have training or something" She said, causing me to pout even more. 

"I promise I'll seek revenge on you if you give him the slightest hint" I said before rushing off to go find Kakashi. 

*mission take the bells is a go*