Chapter 12

Not too long after we left our rest spot we came face to face with a huge boulder with a seal stuck to it. Not only that we came face to face with team Gai.

"Long time no see Chinami" Tenten greeted smiling.

"Same to you guys" While we had our very short reunion Gai tried to break the boulder, but he failed to do so. 

"This is possible it could be a five seal barrier" Kakashi mentioned examining the seal rather closely.

"What's that?" I questioned curiously.

"That means that there are five seals within the area close to the one that you see here" He explained. So that means that to get through then they would have to remove the tags at the same time in order to break the barrier.

Neiji used his byakugan to locate the other tags giving directions once he found them. Team Gai moved out once he gave everyone wireless devices to communicate with each other once they're in place of the tags.

Kakashi recapped exactly how the mission would go from after the tags were removed.

As soon as everyone was in place the order was given to remove the tags which weakened the barrier enough for Sakura to bust through the huge rock blocking us from getting in. We quickly rushed in to see two of the Akatsuki before us.

My eyes widened as I seen Gaara laying there right in front of him.

"We're too late" Kakashi mentioned. I can't believe this Gaara was dead. I can't believe I failed at saving him. In what way can I tell Kankuro or Temari that their little brother had died and we failed our mission.

"Which of you two are Jinchuriki's?" The blonde haired guy asked.

The one with the blonde hair made a weird bird spit out of his hand, which kind of creeped me out a bit.

"What the hell is up with your hand's dude?" I asked beyond freaked out because this was by far the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life. Honestly, I don't think anything more could be said.

He sat on Gaara's body. I'm not sure if he did it to piss us off or what, but it made Naruto upset by the second I could see that he was already using the Chakra of the nine tailed fox.

The bird-like creature swallowed up Gaara's dead body as the blonde guy took off on the bird.

"Hey, you stupid bastard get back here!!" I angrily yelled running after him.

  At this point, I wasn't thinking straight and I wanted to kill them both where they stood, but I didn't want to act so foolishly, but at the same time I could feel the anger boiling inside of me thinking about what they did to Gaara.

Once again I left him alone as a horrible friend would.

Naruto and I tailed The Akatsuki member that took Gaara with him, Deidara I think his name was. Kakashi followed behind us, however, he was unable to keep a close distance with us.

The more and more the bird sped up the more frustrated I was with myself of not being able to protect Gaara. I tried to strike my opponent down with lightning carelessly as the lightning struck one of the logs causing it to cave in causing Naruto and me to almost fall into the river.

Luckily we were quick enough to regain our speed on Deidara.

"Chinami don't be so careless!!!"  I could hear an explosion sound from behind me snapping my head back to see that Kakashi was caught in the blast.

I was going to turn around, but he made it out alright as he gave me a signal to tell me so. This guy is going down he was starting to piss me off.