Chapter 18

"Temari... Thank you for everything, but I don't think I can go to tonight's event" I looked down as I fiddled with my fingers nervously. I don't think that Temari is pretending... Maybe she doesn't know anything. 

If she did then she wouldn't push me to tell Gaara about my feelings for him. 

"Did something happen on your mission?" She asked raising a brow. 

"Nothing happened... We finished the mission according to plan" Just thinking about the things Aki said to me hurt me badly. Gaara and I have been friends for a really long time. He was the first friend I've made outside of the village and my first best friend. 

Temari continued to push for an answer but the more I thought about it the more it hurt. To not know what's true and what's not. I feel as I've been played this whole time and I played myself even further for believing that Gaara would even like me even if we are the same.

Why does loving someone have to hurt so bad?

My chest felt tight followed by so much pain. I felt like I was dying maybe almost like someone stabbed me in the chest but somehow I still survive being stabbed and left alive with the feeling over it. 

The pain. The hate.

This was too much to think about at once. I felt as if I was suffocating slowly, so I pushed passed Temari to head out to get some air. By the time I got outside, I felt as if Raiju was trying to force himself out of me. It felt as if he was trying to take over my body.

I thought we were good enough friends for him to remain calm. I thought we came to an agreement about this but was he betraying me as well?

I came across Aki once more I could tell that she was dressed for tonight's event as she glared me up and down. 

"Suprised you're still here" She said crossing her arms across her chest.

I ignored her trying to get past her.

It was becoming hot as I felt Raiju's power began surging through my body. At this point, it was becoming too much for me to handle. The only thing I was trying to worry about was getting away from the village before I regret doing anything under Raiju's control or just in general. 

"You should just leave and never come back... I mean look at you not only did you kill a person" I whimpered as I tried to calm down, but my arm started to become a clawed hand reminding me of the person I killed back then. 

"Aki, Shut up, please...I can't do this again right now"

"You can't control what's inside of you and no matter how much good you try to cover it up with, you're just going to do something just about or maybe even worse than before" Anger filled me more every time she spoke. 

Even if  Gaara was pretending it would've been better if she never said anything and if I never had known. 

"SHUT UP!!" I said swinging my hand shooting a lightening ball pass her causing it to hit the wall next to her. My eyes widened because I wasn't trying to attack her, however, it happened. 

Looking around I noticed that some of the villagers were watching scared, some of the women even pulled their children closer to them. 

"why does the Kazekage insist on her being here?" One of them whispered. 

"She's too dangerous if she can't control it... her eye is blue just as they say about the beast inside of her" Another said picking up a rock-throwing it at me.

"Get out of our village" One said as others started picking up on that at once. Everyone now throwing many different things at me. 

Tears spilling out of my eyes as I ran out of the entrance only to be stopped by one of the guards.