Chapter 5

~ Chinami's POV

We've been playing in the sand for almost an hour now. The village was quiet almost too quiet, but I shrugged it off thinking nothing of it.

Gaara impressed us with the different things he could make using sand. I thought it was really cool that he could make such things. I wish I could, but what good is lightening to anyone.

"Hey I wonder what happens when lightning strikes sand I'm quite curious" I stood distancing myself from Gaara. "Show me what you've got tomato head"

He didn't hesitate to send a ball of sand in my direction. Soon enough lightning struck from above with a loud booming sound scaring away nearby animals.

It looked as if the sand exploded, however when the dust cleared there was a weird figure where the sand and lightning met.

"Wow!!!" Temari and Konkuro said in unison. "Super cool" Konkuro added.

This is pretty cool I have to admit even Gaara seems so amazed himself of what we created.

"TEMARI! KONKURO! CHINAMI!" Rasa called. The stern expression he had seemed to have never left his face it was always the same. He motioned for us to leave.

So one by one we followed behind each other. I stared at Gaara examining his saddening facial expression. It took for Temari to pull me away before he could say anything else.

I was curious to know what was happening, but how was I to eavesdrop without being seen. Examining my surroundings in a short period of time I was able to find a ledge leading to the top of the building surrounding the area of which we played.

"Don't even think about it" I mentally cursed to myself before turning around to see Kakashi. "Training for you is going to be rather intense" He said walking off.

"Training for what?" I asked running after him.

"A ninja of course"

I felt like he was hiding something from me, but I wasn't going to ask because if he wanted for me to know, then he would've told me already.

"I'll delay training for two hours go have fun with your friends" He motioned me towards Temari and Konkuro.

"Ok then bye" I smiled running to the two. We made a small list of things to do while we waited for Gaara to come back. I even let Temari do my hair to kill a bit of time.

She gave me one fishtail braid and it looked really nice. It was almost like I had an older sister the more time we spent together the more it felt like a family.

After completing everything on the list there was still an hour to spare so we decided to take a nap from all the exhaustion while we waited.

*

I shot up realizing that I was late for training with Kakashi. It was only by 30 minutes, but still, I shouldn't keep him waiting.

" Oh crap I'm late sorry guys got to go I'll catch up later" Grabbing the last of my things I rushed to meet Kakashi almost tripping over a rock as well as everything else in my way.

"Sorry I'm late" He only glared at me, but that was just enough punishment as needed for me.

I've been training for a little over four hours now with no break. Kakashi was teaching me basic ninja skills that he knew. I even learned how to use shadow clone which helped me to use lightning release shadow clone. I was catching onto them rather quickly. The only downfall was that I couldn't keep enough stamina or chakra to really continue making my skills rather sloppy.

"There are going to be a lot of battles and some of those battles will last longer than you think, however, in your condition now you have to make a choice to stand your ground and fight or flee... if you let your opponent see you exhausted if you let them see you as vulnerable or weak they'll go in for the kill" He said moving to kick me to the ground.

I was too tired to fight I don't know why he's so tough on me even though it's my actual first day of training. This must be my punishment for being late. Usually, when we train he's usually easier on me, but I can't complain now I have to get stronger at some point.

"Take a breather to learn how to build your chakra... while you're resting I'm going to show you all the lightening techniques I know these will be your main weapons, but from there you can also develop your own then after this I'll teach you the basic fire techniques" he explained.

Kakashi ran out of chakra after showing me non stop so many different basic techniques.

"When will I actually learn how to use them?" I asked.

"Not anytime soon, but shadow clone Jutsu is something you could work on" he said walking off.

I remained near the lake trying to work on my shadow clone Jutsu, but with each time it failed. I heard movement from behind me in the bushes.

"You know Kakashi if you're going to watch me fail then you could at least give me a few tips on where to start" There was a response of silence.

"Let's plan our next attack on the sand village making this one worse than last" a voice came farther to my left. Curious, I slowly crept to the voices trying to remain undetected by the two I heard as I gathered more intel.

"How about we assassinate the Kazekage then take his son" My eyes widened as I scurried back into what I thought had been a tree.

"Hey, boss look what I've found" He snatched me up by my hair. "A little spy"

"She has a ridiculous amount of chakra I sense Jinchuriki written all over her" I squirmed in his grip, but it was no use. "Seems like running into her has made our job a whole lot easier" The other man said.

They didn't have any symbols indicating what clan they belonged to.

"Bring her" The leader said turning around walking off. He had red eyes just like me and long white hair as well. It almost feels like I know him. I screamed fighting against the guy roughly holding my hair.

"Hold still" He said jerking me backward.

The power surging through my body felt great. I felt light but angered. Before I knew it I wasn't able to control my own actions. It was almost like the work of someone else who had a more violent way of eliminating the problem. It was like I had another mind inside of my head almost like a sub-conscience, however, this one was in control.

The man holding me let go as he held his hands to his face screaming in agony. Blood dripped from his face following a trail that led to a small puddle that was expanding little by little with every drop that fell. Those droplets of blood that filled the puddle dripped from my hand.

I was shocked when I saw that half of my arm resembled the arm of a beast.

"You bitch... you messed up my face" he yelled angrily using shadow clone Jutsu. I felt a lot of pressure in my eyes, however, the pressure that was in the center of my forehead felt as if it were being split open.

"Agghh!!!" I yelled in pain holding a hand against my head.

"Chinami" kakashi appeared before me with the Kazekage beside him watching in horror.

"a third eye" He mumbled before advancing towards me at full speed. "I don't care what you are, but I'll kill you here and take my chances with the other kid"

what did he mean by a third eye?

Three of the same people running towards me however I was able to figure out which one was the real one. when that was figured out I dodged the others attacks placing my index finger and pinky finger on his forehead.

"Override" I said in a flat and lifeless tone. The man screamed in agonizing pain before his body dropped lifelessly to the ground.

After that I came back to my senses I could see Kakashi staring at me wide eyes fully shocked, but everything went black from there.